Skate 2 & 3 - How to fix issues connecting to the servers

by EA_Najat

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Skate 2 & 3 - How to fix issues connecting to the servers

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

How to fix issues connecting to the servers

If you are experiencing difficulties when trying to log in to the skate servers, then please make sure you have linked your GamerTag / PSN ID to your Origin Account.

Once you've done that, make sure your Skate share pack* (equivalent for the Online Pass in Skate) is properly installed.
In some instances you may need to re-download and your Share pack code.

*The Skate share pack is a DLC for Skate 3 available for free in your console's store, generally listed under Add-ons.

1 -  Linking Your Gamertag, PSN ID, and Origin Account

Step1, if you haven't done it yet, link your Origin ID to your GamerTag or PSN ID:

2 - Make sure Skate Share pack is properly installed  - Skate 3 only

The Skate share pack* (equivalent for Online Pass in Skate,) needs to be installed or re-installed if you want to join the Skate servers.

This pack is available for free in the PlayStation Store and Xbox LIVE Marketplace.

Make sure you are downloading this pack from the same online store region as the one used for purchasing your base game.

1. Start your Xbox 360 system
  2. Sign into the Xbox Live account that originally downloaded the Online Pass
  3. Press the 'Guide' button in the top-middle center of your Xbox 360 Controller
  4. Navigate to the 'Settings' Menu
  5. Select 'Account Management'
  6. Select 'Download History'
  7. Locate the entry for the Online Pass you wish to re-download
  8. Choose to download the Online Pass again

NOTE: If you still continue to experience an issue after working through these steps, you may need to uninstall all non-save game content related to the game in question. Once this is done, re-attempting these steps should help fix the issue.

1. Start your Playstation 3 system
  2. Scroll to the 'Playstation Network' menu and sign in with the account that originally downloaded the Online Pass
  3. In the same menu, select 'Account Management'
  4. Select 'Transaction Management'
  5. Select the download list and locate the entry for the Online Pass you wish to re-download
  6. Selecting the Online Pass should then start the re-download process

If you continue to have issues on PS3, attempt the following:
  • Delete the Game Utility Data for your afflicted Game/Title. You can learn how to do this from Step 5 in this troubleshooting article.
  • Insert your game disc and/or launch your game from the XMB. The game should inform you that your Pass is corrupt and give you the option to redownload your Pass.
  • Simply re-download your Pass.

If your EA Online Pass either exceeds or is less than your console's standard code-length, start your game and you should be prompted to enter or purchase an Online Pass when the game attempts to connect to the EA servers. 

Note: This can also be triggered by attempting to access the multiplayer-menu on most games. You may not be prompted to enter or purchase an Online Pass if you are on trial-access for your game until your trial ends.

Message 1 of 39 (26,770 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Skate 2 & 3 - How to fix issues connecting to the servers

@another_puddin 

I have been able to find your previous post and from what I understand you are not able to play with your son, is that correct?

I can see that your account is correctly set indeed (Skate share pack + linked to your GamerTag.)
Now are you both playing within the same network?

Specifically in your case, I would recommend checking the NAT Settings.

"If you are experiencing an issue where you cannot play with your friends and you get the following error message: 'Game Session no longer exists', please check the NAT settings".

View in thread

Message 4 of 39 (28,814 Views)

All Replies

★ Apprentice

u need to announce skate 4 on E3 this year

Message 2 of 39 (26,613 Views)

★★ Novice

And when none of this resolves the issue?

What's the next step?

Message 3 of 39 (26,607 Views)

@another_puddin 

I have been able to find your previous post and from what I understand you are not able to play with your son, is that correct?

I can see that your account is correctly set indeed (Skate share pack + linked to your GamerTag.)
Now are you both playing within the same network?

Specifically in your case, I would recommend checking the NAT Settings.

"If you are experiencing an issue where you cannot play with your friends and you get the following error message: 'Game Session no longer exists', please check the NAT settings".

Message 4 of 39 (28,815 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks again for the reply.

NAT is open. My son and I are both able to join games over Xbox Live with randoms without any issue at all. It's seemingly only a problem when trying to get into a game with friends. 

Message 5 of 39 (26,530 Views)

★★★ Novice
I'm still unable to connect to one of my friends' match. I've downloaded the Skate Share Pack several times. My friend has got the physical version while I have the digital version. Any help on this?
Message 6 of 39 (26,414 Views)

★★ Novice

Okay. Seriously, what is the problem and how can it be resolved?

Message 7 of 39 (26,356 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello I'm currently getting "the EA server is not available at this time. Please try again later." error when trying to connect to the Skate 3 EA Nation on the Xbox 360.

I picked up it as part of the Ultimate Sale digitally

It worked online yesterday on Monday the 23rd when i bought it, and was able to play online at 6pm.  I just tried it a half an hour ago and its been giving me the error since.
I have linked my account previously for other game.
I made sure to reinstall the Skate Share Pack. It worked the first time so i assume it was properly installed.
I tried everything in the mentioned Troubleshoot article posted and did everything not specific for a ps3. as i am using a 360.

And i am connected direct through the modem using a wired connection and have an open NAT.

If i can get some help to the problem i will be very grateful.

Message 8 of 39 (26,330 Views)

i'm having issues not with connecting online and playing...

★★★ Newbie

i'm having issues not with connecting online and playing with friends and randoms but with using the anything else to do with online services, like the skate.team.online stuff or browsing for skate parks. every time i try to access those it will load for a minute and then say something like "you are unable to connect to online services at this time please try later" or a message to that effect. i have re-downloaded the share pack 3 time so far and i have made sure my psn id is connected to my origin account, in fact i have a window opened up right now looking at my origin account. please help me.

Message 9 of 39 (24,940 Views)

Re: i'm having issues not with connecting online and playing...

★★★★ Apprentice

hi skate 2 servers are down on ps3 right now i have started a new thread it is the same problem as before servers are down can not do anything online as i can not sign in to EA nation......please get this fixed asap EA! also Skate REEL!!!!!!! come on this is a joke Frown 

Message 10 of 39 (24,912 Views)