Re: Day 244, and still no answer.

by StonedAlone509

Original Post

Re: Please allow Microsoft to add the Skate titles to Backwards Compatibility

★★★ Apprentice

It's not like this game isn't not still being sold new in stores today. I can go to Wal-Mart and pick up a sealed copy for 20 bucks. How is us being able to play that same game on a free program for an updated console version any business to expired marketing deals?

Message 61 of 83 (1,194 Views)

★★ Apprentice

He makes a really good point. Skate 3 has never left shelves that I've seen and has been available digitally for quite some time. It wouldn't make much sense for all that to be able to happen without affecting licensing deals but somehow porting it for backwards compatibility does. Plus you have again not answered my question about the Skate 3 servers and whether or not they are being shut down. You can't hide that behind licensing deals or push the responsibility for it to MS, that's solely on you.

Message 62 of 83 (1,143 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Agreed!  I am having a hard time buying this "licensing issues" explanation.  It is hard for me to believe that any music or brands that were licensed for the game would no longer be licensed.  I could go buy a 360 today and play Skate 3, and all of those ads and licensed brands and music will be in the game.  So why would EA need to re-establish all of the licensing to release the same exact game on an emulator that runs on a next-gen console?  Unless it is more like EA says to Monster Energy Drink (who is heavily advertised for in Skate 3) "Hey Monster, we are going to release Skate 3 for xbox one BC, but if you want to keep all of the Monster ads in the game, we want some more $"  To which Monster replies "Nah, F*** that!  We already paid you 6 years ago."  

Whatever the case may be, I am sick of the disappointment and frustration.  I am going to gamestop tomorrow and buying a used 360 so I can Skate again.  I will keep my EA access account, but will never buy another new EA release unless it is called "Skate 4."  Honestly if you had told me back in December that Skate 3 still wouldn't be BC in mid-August, I would have bought a used 360 back then.  It is a shame that EA cannot be more transparent and honest with us.

Message 63 of 83 (1,136 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Nuno

So, what's up? What's this mysterious marketing deal you're trying to say is the road block now? Every week it's something different, and it's never backed up by any other information. Y'all want to blame Microsoft, and they want to blame you, and we just want a * video game.

Why didn't the 200+ other backward compatible games already made 100% available have any of these issues this one game is having?

What studio is working on this? I completely volunteer myself to help with any aspect you need done to help this game progress to its release for the BC program.

Message 64 of 83 (1,096 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Almost a year and still no Skate 3 on XB1 😭

Message 65 of 83 (1,063 Views)

Community Manager

@SaltineSavior8

I understand where you are coming from on this and what you are trying to achieve.

Having said that, you cannot continue this daily post counting the days that this has not happened.

barry.png
Message 66 of 83 (1,077 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Go ahead and keep the daily posts counting down the days. It doesn't but ANY one that wants skate 3 on Xbox 1
Message 67 of 83 (1,112 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@EA_Barry I told you guys weeks ago that this was coming and that answers would help forestall it. Don't get upset with him, get him some answers.

Message 68 of 83 (1,107 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

lol listed as in progress

absolutely no progress worth mentioning

Message 69 of 83 (1,100 Views)

Skate 3 on Xbox One still not Backwards Compatible

★★★★★ Newbie
I think me and all of the rest of the Skate 3 community are about tired and fed up of waiting and asking consistently for you to follow through on your word about releasing Skate 3 on XBOX ONE. I own a physical copy which is no longer playable on my XBOX 360 as the disc drive is too old so I can't play at all. Im sure I'm not the only one and every day people still go back to the Xbox User Feedback page begging Xbox to do something about it but you need to as well! We are tired of waiting! It's been almost eight months!
Message 70 of 83 (1,102 Views)