Linking my XBOX Gamertag to my EA Account

by spongedec

Original Post

Re: Linking my XBOX Gamertag to my EA Account

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello @RockerRusty 

You contact EA Advisors by using the link, I provided in my earlier post, or by dialing the direct phone number there. EA Advisors have access to all of your accounts information, and can manually link/unlink your account. So just contact them, and they will get this fixed in no time.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 31 of 78 (7,574 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I hate to be a cynical guy but I am anyway. When I read your advice, I didn't think it would work. But I gave it a shot and lo-and-behold: SUCCESS! If you are having account issues, just contact EA Advisors at https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/, follow the prompts, and they will get you sorted. Kudos, team! I'm surprised and impressed!

Thank, Paolo, for linking my X1 account to my EA/Origin account! Now back to Battlefield!

Message 32 of 78 (7,540 Views)

Hello @xsection9x 

Glad to hear you are fine now! Enjoy the game, and thank you, for reporting back.

Archi.png
Message 33 of 78 (7,536 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For you Archi, I must say I am disappointed with your games and software. The games are great when you can access them and actually play them. I cannot link my brothers xbox live account to the origin account and I've been working on this project, yes a * project, for over 24 hours. He desperately wants to play it. I linked mine easily but that was two years ago. Now it's near impossible. Thanks EA for your garbage system. Now I have to try to call you which is gonna waist more of my busy life time. So please make it easy to call and access you guys. At this point I don't want to play these games because of the glitches. Fix the software so we can add the accounts and make the games less glitch. Good day! >Frown

Message 34 of 78 (7,447 Views)

★ Novice
It's a bummer that you wasted so much time and effort, friend. And we should be able to handle this ourselves. But currently, for whatever reason, we can't. I can only emphasize for future readers, to avoid the headaches and just telephone the EA number listed a few posts above. In my experience, EA's customer service people were efficient and communicated well; took 10 minutes.
Message 35 of 78 (7,438 Views)

Hello @WeatherPuppy44 

I appreciate your feedback  on this matter, and I must apologize for this inconvenience. I know it would be easier to fix this one yourself, without contacting support directly, and we are currently working on improving this service. But right now the easiest way to connect your EA Account and Gamer tag  it is to get in contact with EA Advisors.   

Archi.png
Message 36 of 78 (7,434 Views)

★★★ Newbie

don't normally comment on these things but i find it necessary. It took EA over an hour to get back to me on my help request. not normally an issue but it said i was on a 30 minute wait. patience is a virtue though. 

background- me and my cousin created this xbox/ ea account in college, he used his college email. we played NHL on the 360. I simply wanted to switch over my email from his old (.edu) to my gmail. i was told unless i can verify by getting onto his email or playing the game on the 360 ( neither of which i or any friends have) they can't change it. This wouldn't be a problem if the email was still active... its not since we graduated 3 years ago... The lady was very nice but said my only option was to borrow a 360 or buy one to play the game we used to play in order to verify the EA account.

Again she was very helpful on the phone and said her hands were tied on this issue. My big peeve is why can'tI  just delete the old EA account since my xbox live account is easily verifiable and switch to a new EA account.

Its almost 2017 we have computers the fit in the palm of your hand, but I can't connect and disconnect an EA account via app/ laptop or even on the phone apparently. 

Message 37 of 78 (7,273 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't know how you did this but i don't see a "Connect" option next to find friends after your second step so this is false and in no way helping me

Message 38 of 78 (7,098 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I could not find a battlelog for bf 1. are there other ways to do this.

Message 39 of 78 (6,972 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I don't understand what u mean by origin. my live is connected but wont and don't know how to llink my ea account, please help. just wanna play pro street

Message 40 of 78 (6,912 Views)