③ - I am too young to play - Error

by jay1805h

Original Post

Accepted Solution

③ - I am too young to play - Error

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Im trying to play my new game Skate 3. I entered my registration code on my Xbox and it states I am too young to play. I am 35 years old lol!!!! How can I be too young? It's a 16!!. How do I amend my details with EA to the correct D.O.B

Message 1 of 27 (31,400 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Skate 3, Im too young to play..... Im 35 lol !

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

• If you're receiving an error restricting you from access to areas--or the entirety--of your any of your games due to any sort of "Underage Error," this is caused by a problem with the Date of Birth on your Xbox LIVE account, which was entered during registration.

Unfortunately, our team is unable to assist with errors of this nature as they originate with your Xbox and its configuration, rather than the game being played.

For more information on Xbox LIVE online safety and privacy settings and child account settings (set by Xbox for users under the age of 18), please go here.

Please know that changing the parental permissions and other settings does not guarantee access to the servers, as Xbox may still deny access based on the age on the account. For further assistance or information regarding this error, please contact Xbox Support.

View in thread

Message 2 of 27 (35,616 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

• If you're receiving an error restricting you from access to areas--or the entirety--of your any of your games due to any sort of "Underage Error," this is caused by a problem with the Date of Birth on your Xbox LIVE account, which was entered during registration.

Unfortunately, our team is unable to assist with errors of this nature as they originate with your Xbox and its configuration, rather than the game being played.

For more information on Xbox LIVE online safety and privacy settings and child account settings (set by Xbox for users under the age of 18), please go here.

Please know that changing the parental permissions and other settings does not guarantee access to the servers, as Xbox may still deny access based on the age on the account. For further assistance or information regarding this error, please contact Xbox Support.

Message 2 of 27 (35,617 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My son has been playing this game for months now today it says too young, it is not his x-box account. please help

Message 3 of 27 (30,108 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Well on account rangersbuddy my age is 25 and i still can't get on online mutiplayer

Message 4 of 27 (29,598 Views)

★★ Novice
It's not my xbox account too,so please help this problem still isn't solved.
Message 5 of 27 (29,422 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just fix the problem! I know that it isnt my xbox account because I changed my birth year to 1990 and it still doesn't work.

Message 6 of 27 (28,837 Views)

@stealth3402 wrote:

Just fix the problem! I know that it isnt my xbox account because I changed my birth year to 1990 and it still doesn't work.

Are you seeing a different error message?

If so, what does it say exactly?

Message 7 of 27 (28,651 Views)

★★★ Newbie

ive changed to adult but i still cant go online

Message 8 of 27 (28,644 Views)

@streetBEAST32 wrote:

ive changed to adult but i still cant go online

You can promote a child account to an adult account with you Xbox 360 but If you entered an incorrect date of birth when you created the account, this date cannot be changed and I think this is the cause. Source Microsoft XBOX 360 Website -

Message 9 of 27 (28,637 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Completely frustrated by this problem. I am 43, XBox account is set to "Adult," yet I (nor my son who owns the game) can not play the game online. And, please don't pawn this problem off on Microsoft. If you cannot resolve this age problem, please provide information on getting a full refund. I did not purchase on "online" game only to be challenged by this type of problem.

Message 10 of 27 (27,439 Views)