Re: trade depot OVERWHELMED with Vu Tower items!?

by tbeard1999

Original Post

★★ Apprentice
I'm not sure EA could have broken this game any worse if they'd tried. This fiasco has screwed up EVERY major system in the game. How is it possible that they could release a major update with so little beta testing?*

<Golf clap> Well done, EA.

*The alternative -- that they actually did beta test this "upgrade" -- means that they KNEW how badly it would foul the game up. And released it anyway. That does not make me feel better...
Message 11 of 48 (3,795 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
It's pretty obvious the update was intended to make it more difficult to proceed without spending real money. Now it is much more difficult to get keys and progressing in the game costs a lot more Simoleons. And who can blame them really, at the end of the day they want to get as much money out of the game as possible. I personally would prefer they just charge $20 upfront and then actually give us an enjoyable game from the get go but apparently those days are gone. Micro transactions and IAPP are the way of the future. I guess there enough people who spend $100s on the game to offset the cost of those who play for free.
Message 12 of 48 (3,793 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
I need some chemicals. Went to the trade center and all there is for sale are Vu items. Which battery or remote do I look under? Most games are a way to enjoy wasting your time. This game is now not even close to an enjoyable waste of time.
Message 13 of 48 (3,759 Views)

★★★★ Novice
A much easier way for them to make money is to offer a way to buy items directly for real money. As it is now, you can only purchase game money which gets you no place because you still have to find you items in the global trade depot in order to buy them with the game money. Plus, if the game isn't fun - and currently it isn't anymore - people will quit and buy nothing with real money. The developers aren't thinking this through very well.
Message 14 of 48 (3,694 Views)

★★★ Newbie

There is a way you can throw them away but it costs $1 SimCash, when you open your trade depot, click on the item and at the bottom you will see a trash can with the $1 next to it.  It may be worth it though since it seems anyone playing this game is flooding the market with their Dr. Vu trash.

Message 15 of 48 (3,670 Views)

★★★★ Novice

to Quote: "" It may be worth it though since it seems anyone playing this game is flooding the market with their Dr. Vu trash. ""

Players are dumping Vu items because the latest update of Vu disaster challenges is completely spoiled the fun of the game. It keep on asking 60K § to upgrade to next level, but, with no golden key promise in return after a disaster launch.

In short, players keep on spending huge amount of §  § (60K each times) to upgrade
the so-called Vu levels but with no golden key promise in return. This make the players look like a big fool. That's why all players are dumping their Vu items at Trade Centre.

It is a real disaster to the game! What a shame!

Message 16 of 48 (3,663 Views)

★★ Apprentice
On the other hand, the Dr. Vu graphics are now, like, super gnarly.

Great trade EA...pointless, time wasting graphics in exchange for having hundreds of thousands of simoleans confiscated, the barely functional market wrecked and Dr. Vu being worse than useless.
Message 17 of 48 (3,613 Views)

★★ Novice
You don' t get this Items sold no more , i now dump them for my visitors ( sure they'll be happy to gain that * stuff ) , but this cost always 1 Sim ;(((( .
I did not got the VU and what i read here , is that i spent my 60 k for something else Wink))
Message 18 of 48 (3,428 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Anyone get better than 22 out of 24? SimCityDevsSuck

EDIT: Adding my reply from a similar post:

I'm a developer and I am SO shocked that the devs/testers didn't account for a systemic issue of a "global sell off" especially after what they did to "improve" disasters in this most recent update ...amazing how inept they are...absolutely floored. What's even more shocking is the response from their "support" at zendesk. Here's what I got "explaining" the reason why: "A large number of players really ARE selling those items in those numbers! Dr Vu's Tower has seen some renovations in our most recent update, meaning his disaster items aren't needed as quickly and in lower quantities than before (as fewer items are needed at the earlier Vu Tower stages). This is why they're flooding the marketplace a little! We're working on improvements to even out the items you see, and you will see an improvement shortly."

hahahahaha WHY would you let it get to this point?!?!?!? HOW could you have NOT seen this coming?!?!?! WHY were there not algorithms already in place to ENSURE a positive experience?!?!?!

Message 19 of 48 (3,276 Views)

★★ Novice

The slight good news with GTHQ being broken is that it's much easier to buy other items (if & when you see them).

I needed to buy some cement. Because everyone is seeing Dr. Vu items, very few other players saw the cement on sale. I easily went to the seller's town and bought it. Granted, I had to refresh the trade depot several times to find that seller so it still is a very Un-Fun process.

So what would happen if everyone stopped advertising Dr. Vu items in the trade depot?

Message 20 of 48 (3,228 Views)