Re: restarting in simcity build it

by etamni103

Original Post

★★ Novice

i really can't understand which kind of genius has engineered such a stupid way to manage the gamesaves...

@LeoDracgoneel wrote:

Basically you can restart the game by going to settings and cleaaring the data. But if you have used facbook or google it will begin your previous game. You cannot sign in to a diffrent facebook or google accout. So your stuck. One solution is to play with out connecting to a accout. Thats what i am doing.

Message 21 of 44 (28,853 Views)

★★★ Newbie

to delete your previous saved game from google and facebook. Log-in to your accounts (via desktop or laptop) and delete/disconnect your app from both social media sites, this will delete the saved data from both social media accounts, then try to delete it from your phone setting (application manager).

Message 22 of 44 (28,589 Views)

★★ Apprentice
No it won't delete it from fb, once it's there, your stuck with it... Period.....

Let me clarify this once and for.... The only way you can start a new game and connect whit fb on this, is to create a new fb account and sync your new game to that account...

So how do you make friends with the new account.. It's easy just search for simcity buildit groups on fb, and soon you'll have more friends than you need.
Message 23 of 44 (28,554 Views)

★★ Novice
They should modify the game and allow players to restart their cities without the all the hassle. It's a shame they will lose players like that. I guess I will continue playing hayday or candy crush.
Message 24 of 44 (28,402 Views)

★★★ Newbie

They gave the answer... Just demolish all buildings.

Or you can move all buildings and rearange your city to your likings.

For those who claim to play the game alot and yet don't know how to demolish.... just tap and hold a building and on the right side (beneath the "key" icon) there will be a bulldozer icon. This will delete/demolish/destroy thast building. 

Message 25 of 44 (27,515 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Roeligan wrote:

They gave the answer... Just demolish all buildings.

True, but they will still be at a higher level where the game may be expecting them to have fire stations, police stations, etc. and they don't have the resources for those things yet.  An actual option to start over at level 1 would simplify this for players who overbuilt on their first attempt and who simply want to start again fresh.

Regards,

--Etamni

Je Suis Charlie

Message 26 of 44 (27,236 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

The EA genius, who else can FUP a game with stupid ideas as them ?

Message 27 of 44 (27,211 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Who is the brainwashed that marked this tread as solved ????

Message 28 of 44 (27,205 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

KobeBS wrote:

"i really can't understand which kind of genius has engineered such a stupid way to manage the gamesaves..."

Sleught wrote:

"The EA genius, who else can FUP a game with stupid ideas as them ?"

It isn't necessarily stupid. In reply to another post on this same subject, I pointed out how it might be a very clever strategy to mislead their advertisers. I would add that the people who engineered this game are obviously not stupid; I strongly doubt that this was an oversight.

One might suspect that this was a tactic to get people to buy more game currency, but people who feel cheated (regardless of whether they actually were cheated) are less likely to buy from the company they feel cheated them, and the designers of this game know this.

Message 29 of 44 (26,662 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The reply from EA_Kristi seems to suggest EA has no intention of fixing this. It's a freemium game, incentives to spend real money are fundamental to the business model. But, I can't see why stopping people from overwriting cloud saves with a restarted city is a problem. I would love to help bring new players to the game, but I can't because I can't log into social media with my second city. EA, please either fix this, or provide a plausible explanation of why you won't. C'mon, you relented on persistent online connection with the current full verison of the game, show us some more love.
Message 30 of 44 (24,797 Views)