last update

by iiPandyii

Original Post

last update

★★ Novice
Just wondering if anything is happening with the latest update changing emergency coverage areas? It is receiving huge negative feedback in the google play store. Is EA going to comment or keep ignoring?
Message 1 of 9 (1,537 Views)

Re: last update

★★ Novice

Not sure on that matter since the update did not effect on the coverage area for me. BTW I'm playing it on Android platform.

Message 2 of 9 (1,520 Views)

★★ Novice

My fire coverage used to be 12x12 for the basic fire station. Now it is 10X12.  I had setup my coverage specifically with these details and after the update several of my zones lost coverage and I had to purchase more stations to fill the gaps.  The problem has been talked about frequently on the google play app store in the reviews. The trade system seems to have been changed as well.  Prices are different and it appears you can no longer purchase any of the upgrade itmes (expansion, disaster, storage)...

The reviews for the ratings have been terrible since the update but EA seems to have gone on vacation insterad of responding  Frown

Message 3 of 9 (1,511 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
The reviews are the same in the Apple App Store. Like you, I had my city carefully planned out for coverage and I don't have the room to move buildings around and add more services. The Trade Depot is useless now; you can't make a profit on your sale to boost your city's income a little. A lot less people are selling on the Trade Depot; mine is often half empty. I don't sell on there any more - the time and materials used to make the item far outweighs the money you can get for selling it. And now, instead of buying that one piece for an expansion you've been waiting for forever, you have to continue waiting for it, you can't buy one from the Trade Depot.

Also they have reduced the maximum number of factories you can have, which I found out the hard way. After the update, I got the guy pop up saying that I can upgrade my factories by demolishing one and building a new one (why they don't just have an upgrade button on the building is beyond me) but when I demolished one of my Mass Production factories to build a High Tech factory, it then said I had the maximum number of factories! I contacted Support and they said it's not a bug. They said that players felt they had too many factories that they weren't using and it was taking up too much space in the city so they reduced the maximum number of factories. What codswhallop! If a player had too many factories they weren't using, wouldn't they just demolish one? Why change the maximum for everyone, especially those (like me) who use all of their factories? So now I a.m down by a factory, because I demolished one but can't replace it.

EA have really made a mess of this one and burned loyal players. I won't be buying premium currency if they can just change the game on a whim and remove all the hard work in one fell swoop.
Message 4 of 9 (1,469 Views)

★★ Novice
Omg I had no idea about the factory problems! That is terrible, I noticed today that they're is a new update is coming next week. As far as I'm concerned it will be a dealbreaker. If these issues aren't remedied I'll just uninstall.

If the update does fix things I have to say I'll have to shut the he'll up and eat some humble pie. I'll wait and see. :-)
Message 5 of 9 (1,463 Views)

★ Guide
I lost a factory as well and I was not impressed! I used all my factories and they act as extra spaces for storage. Its ridiculous to think you lowered the maximum number because people were complaining about lack of space. So now my question is how many factories can I have now? I am currently level 23 and I don't want to upgrade any factories until I know because I don't want to lose anymore of them.

Also I'm not impressed with the new market. The new prices on many items are completely out to lunch. A doughnut can fetch me 700+ on the global market versus a piece of glass which is only worth around 100 simoleons, yet glass takes way longer to build! Expansion items are completely undervalued now as well as items for disasters and city storage.

Overall I think this update was dissappointing but salvageable. Give us our factories back and fix the global market and the way item prices are calculated, longer build times should mean higher value, correct? Remember the games mantra "keep your sims happy or they'll find another home and move away!" Wink
Message 6 of 9 (1,377 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
CJDoom, I asked Customer Support the same question, about how many factories are my maximum, because I don't want to delete a factory only to have it say I am at my maximum (again!). When Support replied, they didn't answer that question 😐 I suggested, like in many other city building games, they have a marker on the factories page that says how many factories you have and how many you can currently build - for instance if I currently have 6 factories but my maximum is 7, it would say 6/7 so I would know I can build another factory. Or if it says 7/7, I know Ai can safely demolish an old factory and build any upgraded one.

I am wondering if this is the same EA who have developed many huge platform games? And, if they are the same company who created all the other Sims games in the franchise? Because surely they would have the formula for a good city building game down-pat by now, whereas whoever is developing this game seems like amateurs, making major changes to the game and without warning to players.

If there is a new update coming, let's hope they fix these issues, because I am on the brink of ceasing to play. It was fun before the update, but now with my citizens u satisfied due to the changes, and as you say, selling on the Trading Post is useless now, the fun has gone out the window. I like your reference to the game's mantra, lol. So true.
Message 7 of 9 (1,368 Views)

★ Apprentice
Within a few hours of the update all of the incredibly cheap expansion items disappeared from the market. This is because they are way to inexpensive. If they could max out at 1500 and start at 1000, it can be a bit more balanced. Consider the user who needs 30 prices for an expansion. (30 being the max amount I have seen so far) they would need to spend only 24k on the expansion, it should easily be 50k for another spot (the old price would have been 125k). Also, there are way too many disaster items now. They are all going to be put on the market for maximum and be bought out by the system, generating so much more simoleons. (Making the game much easier and even less of a reason to spend money). So disasters and trade depot need to be fixed STILL.
Message 8 of 9 (1,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I just wish EA would comment on this. I loved this game before but if they are still ignoring and refusing to comment on these issues by the end of the week, I will be deleting it.
Message 9 of 9 (1,298 Views)