Zoom issues with latest update

by BabyloniaUK

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Zoom issues with latest update

★★★★★ Novice

Since installing the latest update when I start the game I'm fully zoomed in and unable to zoom out, same with any regions or cities I visit. It's making the game unusable. Frown

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 16 (2,314 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Zoom issues with latest update

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Just to follow up.

Support responded saying that during an update or new install the app runs a performance check and if areas of devices resources are deemed inadequate then certain features can be disabled.

It seems that my tablet's graphics are not up to scratch, probably due to the larger screen, so the zoom function has been disabled.

The only fix they suggest is using a more powerful tablet or a smaller device such as a phone.

I'll just find a different game to play on my tablet.

View in thread

Message 7 of 16 (2,196 Views)

All Replies

Cannot zoom out

★★★ Newbie

Not able to zoom out to previous levels.  Very frustrating when building large city  

Message 2 of 16 (2,343 Views)

★★ Guide
@BabyloniaUK I'm not having any problems but I can see that your not the only one.

I suggest contact ea thru game. Only they can help with this and I know they are busy trying to find cheaters so without contacting them you won't probably get help.

In the settings you can take contact if you didn't know already. I have complained many things here but nothing have happened until i have contacted EA...
Message 3 of 16 (2,285 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you, I've reported the issue through the game, hopefully there'll be a solution soon.

Message 4 of 16 (2,242 Views)

Re: Cannot zoom out

★★★ Guide

@swdawg100 If you provide some info, maybe someone can help you. 

Message 5 of 16 (2,293 Views)

Cannot zoom out

★ Novice

Hi since the new sports update I am unable to zoom out to see my city in full. Everything is too close to be able to see it all in full. 

Message 6 of 16 (2,292 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Just to follow up.

Support responded saying that during an update or new install the app runs a performance check and if areas of devices resources are deemed inadequate then certain features can be disabled.

It seems that my tablet's graphics are not up to scratch, probably due to the larger screen, so the zoom function has been disabled.

The only fix they suggest is using a more powerful tablet or a smaller device such as a phone.

I'll just find a different game to play on my tablet.

Message 7 of 16 (2,197 Views)

★ Novice

I play on a Samsung tablet, all was fine until the sports update, now I can only see all my city's close up. I cannot zoom out to see the full city on all city's. It's very frustrating

Message 8 of 16 (2,176 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I play on a Samsung tablet and have the same problem. After the latest update (sports) I cannot zoom out and it makes it hard to monitor my projects.  It is not  good.

Message 9 of 16 (2,149 Views)

ZOOMING function kaput

★★★★★ Apprentice

anyone else having a problem zooming out after the "Sports" update?  Also posted in  support

Message 10 of 16 (2,152 Views)