Re: Cannot zoom out

by BabyloniaUK

Original Post

Re: Zoom issues with latest update

Hero (Retired)

@BabyloniaUK - Thanks so much for letting us know what they said. 

I wonder if device resources specifically meant the display processor, or if something like freeing up more space or memory could help. Just as a test, you might want to go through and delete unused apps, clear cache on all apps, and make sure you have at least 10% storage available for SCBI. Of course, if it's the display processor itself, this won't help, but it might be worth a shot before completely giving up. 

Message 11 of 16 (812 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@swdawg100 @debbydonut @cumpakabag - I've merged all the posts about this topic together in one spot. @BabyloniaUK contacted technical support and received the information that their device was lacking in resources, so the zooming functionality was disabled. I have marked this as the solution for now, but at this point I think we could gather a little more information regarding what "resources" have been determined as lacking. The solution to buy another device might have been the right one for BabyloniaUK, but might not be the answer for your particular device.

I would suggest that you first try some basic troubleshooting steps as outlined here: For iOS or Andriod  Freeing up memory & storage may help.

If you have not already done so, I also suggest that you file a tech support request with SCBI about this issue. 

To contact the SimCity BuildIt team in game: Tap the Settings icon (wrench and screwdriver) > Help > Contact Us

Or Submit a Request using the web form: https://simcity-buildit.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Anyone who gets this working, or a different response from the team, please let us know. Thanks!

Message 12 of 16 (793 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Thank you @BlackjackWidow  for your support in this, it would be great to find a solution.

I'm playing on a Galaxy Tab A, ok it's not the world's most powerful tablet but it's not some cheap knock-off. The most annoying thing is that they've 'fixed' whatever the issue is by leaving me fully zoomed in. Wouldn't be so bad if it was halfway, at least I could perform some city design. I mean, how can you have a city building sim when you can't view more than a handful of city blocks at a time? It completely destroys the gameplay.

A follow-up from support stated that the update and it's limitations were working as planned. 

I'll try freeing some resources and reinstalling but I really don't think that's the issue.

eta.... For anyone else trying to resolve this support stated that it is the update or install program that runs the check, if you're trying to free resources for things to work you'll need to reinstall the app to rerun the check  Wink

Message 13 of 16 (770 Views)

★★★ Guide

@BabyloniaUK  i am playing on a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6, 8 Gb memory, 256 storage. I have never been able to zoom all the way out in this game. I can see about 20% of my city at a time. Sounds like this is becoming a Samsung issue. Android 5 (Lollipop) on an original Tab S was the last time i was able to zoom out. With Android 6 (Marshmallow) is when my problem started. So, i think this might be an issue between EA and Samsung software. Of course, everyone says it's someone else's issue and nothing ever gets done about it. I wouldn't even think about playing this on a phone.

Message 14 of 16 (752 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I started my first city on a phone but gave it up. Not long after getting the tablet I tried again and it was so much easier. I'm city level 64, CoM 32, war 25, just getting into the swing of things and the game's suddenly unplayable.

I've left my club, I was VP, recently moved to Level 6 and 6 wins out of 7 up there but no point in being a sitting duck.

I've tried clearing all caches and reinstalling but no change.

Message 15 of 16 (667 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am sorry to hear that. To have so much invested in the game just to have software issues beyond your control. Like the problem with the Samsung A71. Good, solid hardware that has software compatability issues with one game. 

The zoom thing has to be part of the zoom control mechanism. Who controls it, you or EA? The obvious answer is you. Customer experience and service just ain't what it used to be. Have a great day.😊

Message 16 of 16 (619 Views)