Re: When will the cowardly doming be put to an end?

by PinnacleValley

Original Post

★ Guide

If you are a tiny team going against a larger team, then there is no “fighting hard” for you. You take advantage of every thing a large team cannot do. 

Very unsportsmanlike!  While it may not be “cheating”, it is not fun at all for the undimmed team. I am happier when we don’t have to play teams like yours. 

We are playing an “OPEN WAR” team right now, and everybody is happy. 

When we play open war, no one uses vamps or freezes or duds. We simply use JPs , and boosts. Object is to go for points and chests. 

We are in 5th arena. 

Message 41 of 52 (568 Views)

★ Expert

Rio Valley, keep telling yourself that...comparing hiding in a bubble to taking a knee in football is an absolute joke especially if you’re one of those that races to a bubble and hides for the balance of the war. Having actually participated in football, it’s about stepping up like a man with your brothers and facing a challenge with an equally motivated team where you give your very best every play and leave it all on the field...it’s about respecting your opponent, your teammates, yourself and the game...as I’ve said before winning or losing is simply the byproduct of the competition. What you do is comparable to staying in the locker room after halftime denying the other team the right to compete. I have been on both sides of the scoreboard and honestly what I remember is the competition and not the final score. Taking a knee in the final seconds is actually an act of respect...hiding in the bubble is not.

All you and others that hide the balance of war do is make what use to be a fun little game extremely boring - beating a “strategy” team is not hard, but it’s painful and has become less and less worth the effort...thanks for taking the enjoyment out of the game for real competitors rather than those of you that just want to pretend you are.

Message 42 of 52 (559 Views)

★★ Apprentice

PinnacleValley, I get it that you think that I’m one to coward behind a bubble, or that I’m not “stepping up like a man”, or even that I don’t have “respect for my opponents, my teammates, myself, and the game”, but that doesn’t have anything to do with what we’re discussing here. Somehow I must have hit on something that is upsetting you. If I did I apologize. Let’s not make it personal. 

Message 43 of 52 (548 Views)

★ Guide

What a great analogy!  I agree!

Message 44 of 52 (537 Views)

★ Expert

Nothing to apologize for, it’s real simple choosing to take a shortcut is unacceptable...as well as making an excuse or trying to rationalize your action. It’s one thing if you’ve battled all war and find yourself in a bubble with no practical way out...it’s completely another when your intent is to race to the bubble and hide. It’s not personal but I don’t appreciate it any more than your appreciation for the hackers and cheaters you complained about in your prior post in a different thread. I readily concede that hiding is not cheating (it’s EA’s development flaw) but at least you get to participate in what you signed up for as compared to those that compete against you...how can you claim victory when all you do is quit. Don’t get me I'm not supporting cheaters and hackers and truly believe EA has let this go on way too long...but they also have let this ignorant “strategy” go on for way too long and many folks I know and respect have left because of it and that I take a little personal and you want to defend it? Please...

Message 45 of 52 (534 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I think they should do away with the shield completely but replace it with a shield where you have to repair your city so that you can attack again once repaired and opposition can hit you with double damage while you are still repairing. Maybe a cooldown period of two hours to regenerate 12 damage before the city can be attacked again for double points, just like your own energy regenerating.

My thoughts anyway...

Message 46 of 52 (509 Views)

Community Manager

Hey all, when discussing a topic on AHQ please remember to do so in a polite and constructive manner.

There is never an excuse to single another user out or attack them. If you cannot post without insulting another user of posting thinly veiled insults or attacks then we would ask that you refrain from posting. 

It the childish back and forth continues then this thread will be locked and action taken. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 47 of 52 (497 Views)

★ Guide
@509153303 I’ve been writing about this for months and months Android months. Years maybe! EA is not going to change anything until most of us complain!
I have noticed the more I complain, the less my club plays the tiny team cowards. (We now have 16 players!
We just finished playing “Love, Peace, and OPEN War” Open War is a way of playing that uses no vamps, freezes, duds, or umbrellas! Uses only JPs and boosts! It was so much fun! We played continually, but did not have to hover! We go to war map, recover from being hit, and hit them! We all got nice chests. We won because we had higher cards, but WE ALL GATHERED WAR, and purple money. I made 2400 purple from being hit so much!
Looking forward to when the word gets out, and there are more “open war” teams!
Message 48 of 52 (472 Views)

★ Guide
@Attitoode Interesting. I like it!
Message 49 of 52 (471 Views)

★ Guide
@Attitoode Good ideas!
Message 50 of 52 (464 Views)