Betreff: When will the cowardly doming be put to an end?

by Superpraesi

Original Post

★ Guide

Totally agree with you!  I have an idea I’m starting to post and repost because I think is the powers that be hear it and if people like it, then maybe it could become a reality!

idea is simple and uses what I think of as a shield buster. 

The shield buster is a simple token like a freeze or a jackpot, and when placed on a shielded opponent, they would become unshielded!  

These shield busters would be available in the War store!

the really fun part of this idea is that we could pick which opponents got the “buster”. My last game was miserable. They were less than 1,000 points ahead, all shielded, and stayed there for over 20 hours!  Like a teammate said it was like watching paint dry!  

These busters would solve that issue!

like the idea?  Pass it on!  Just would like a fix to this horrible practice!

Message 11 of 52 (1,582 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@debfer

This will end in "Picking up the weakest player, unshield and attacking him again and again". That's what I would call "cowardly". Why is 16 hours of exiting game play not enough? Do you really want to play 36 hours only collecting items, attacking and repairing as fast and as many you can?

Message 12 of 52 (1,548 Views)

★ Guide

Sorry, you say that because that is the way you play!  My teameam would would not pick on the “weakest”. Player. If you don’t want to play the whole game, then maybe this is not the game for you. 

My team would be more likely to take out the leaders, or the ones who have dealt the most damage. War ranks are based on HOW MUCH A TEAM HAS WON BY. It would make most sense to take them out first because those scores would be ones counted in rankings. 

Mae think differently. I would never think or play to take the weak ones. That my friend is also poor sportsmanship!

Message 13 of 52 (1,537 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I'm not talking about what you play when the war starts, I am talking about what will happen when all players of one team are under the bubble.
Anyone would turn off the shield of the weakest opponent because there is the least risk that this opponent beats back. I think, the selection of the opponent for unshielding does not have any influence on the war ranking at all.
Yes, I want to play the whole game, and by now the whole game is simply  over when one team has enough points and stay under the bubble. There is no need to watching the war map for the remaining time.
If you don`t want to play a strategic game, then maybe this is not the game for you. But please don't try to change it into a meaningless shooter game.

Message 14 of 52 (1,521 Views)

★ Guide

So you think it is meaningless to play an honest game? Many of the teams you are talking about that stay shielded once a few hundred points ahead are the same teams that pad their rosters with non-playing feeder cities. 

Many times thes teams have dummies set up to simply gather War items and take up space.   Having feeder cities is also unsportsmanlike. It is plainly and simply not a good way to be! I’m tired of it!

Message 15 of 52 (1,514 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Your idea will change the club war into a battle of material. So players with feeder cities, who gather lots of war items, will have it much easier.

Message 16 of 52 (1,512 Views)

★ Guide

It is already a battle of material!  When you have feeder cities that take up space and throw war items to the five or six leaders it is a material war!

We have played SOME GREAT games using our WHOLE team, and our wits!  

I am sorry fo you. 

Please change some of your attitude to represent a true team spirit!

We hop we never have to play you, as I see nothing at all enjoyable about the way you play

Message 17 of 52 (1,507 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Our team has 18 members and we are playing with the WHOLE team too. We have no feeder cities. We are always trying to get the lead and stay bubbled. And nearly all of our opponents try the same. I can't remember when we have played the last 36 hour war. And all of our members are fine with it and have fun. To say that all the teams that stay under the bubble have feeder cities is nonsense. The way we play requires a lot of team spirit.

Message 18 of 52 (1,500 Views)

Re: When will the cowardly doming be put to an end?

★★★ Newbie
I'm with a club just like that, I'm so bored. Yours sounds fun, can I join?
Message 19 of 52 (1,360 Views)

Re: When will the cowardly doming be put to an end?

★ Guide
Hi! We have set our minimum standards to certain levels. Please try to join. Circle of Friends is name of our club. If your levels are not high enough, get back to me with your stats, and we’ll see what we can do! ;-)
Message 20 of 52 (1,342 Views)