Betreff: When will the cowardly doming be put to an end?

by Superpraesi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

When will the cowardly doming be put to an end?

★★★★★ Novice

OK I have been playing Simcity since its first arrival in 2D when I was I think a teenager - some 25 years ago.  I love the 3D Simcity Build it!  I love the club wars.  I am a president of a club and I have team members along the East of Australia and as far as Africa.  We love our club - “Brave War Ducklings Undomed” - we were originally Mamma’s War Ducklings but we kept getting so sick and tired of other teams getting ahead and then hiding under their domes.  Yet another war has just ended and YET AGAIN the club has hidden under their dome as soon as they were a few thousand points ahead.  WE ARE SICK OF IT!!!  It destroys the fun of war!!  We are now going to report these cowardly people.  This club - “WAR FARM CLUB” were ahead initially, got behind for a little bit then managed to get back in front in the first 10 or so hours of active war - THEN they hid under their domes until the bitter end - not even a peep in the last few minutes.  They collected all 12 war weapons leaving the final one to stay domed and were brutally COWARDLY until the end to maintain their lead - THIS IS NOT A WIN!!!  This destroys enjoyment and game play!  This is no “War Strategy!”   These guys should be ousted from the Savannah!  This might be a strategy when you are new to club wars but not when you are obviously seasoned players.  SICK OF IT!!!  This has happened to us over and over again to the point where WE have been penalised by being thrown back down to level 3 Frosty Tundra!  Why?  Because we play the game!!  Yet losers keep getting away with hiding under domes and NOT PLAYING!!  Why does EA continue to support this behaviour??  So many options to fix this!!  Undoming in the last 2 hours.  Time limit on doming at these levels.  Charms that undome.  Seriously guys - you get paid the green cash - please fix this problem.  My club and I are over it - we are going to start naming and shaming - each war of cowards - encourage other clubs to do the same!  Let’s be able to play SimCity buildit!  The fun and honest way!!

Message 1 of 52 (5,296 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 52 (5,189 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide

Don't let the other team get the lead, then the have no reason for staying under the dome. If a team has enough points and can stay under the dome for the rest of the war, this team was just better. Then the war is simply just won or lost before the time expires. Most people can accept that and are happy with it.

Message 2 of 52 (5,210 Views)

[ Edited ]

Sim city

Message 3 of 52 (5,190 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@roccodonovan8

You are right, I can't speak for all people. Please let me correct the last sentence in my previous post to: "Most people I KNOW can accept that and are happy with it.

Message 4 of 52 (5,157 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi there!

Good point but sorry - disagree - just because a club gets off to a good start and can all bomb down the enemy in the first few hours and then hide under their domes for the next 24 or so - does NOT show good club play!  That is SUCH INCREDIBLY POOR PLAY!!  Sorry - that is LOSER play!!  I hope you don’t do it.  Keep playing until the end!!  That is what it is about!! We come out of our domes whether we are losing or winning - we play until the end - that is FAIR PLAY!  We are a bunch of mum’s and others from overseas - we all wake at different times.  To all start war on the bell and then hide under domes is just loser play!

Message 5 of 52 (5,118 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Absolutely love your reply - thank you!!!  EXACTLY How we feel!!  We are a small team because we keep having to delete innactives or we just go backwards.  But the aim of the game is to war - not to just hide!!  Jumping in the lead at the beginning and then hiding is an absolutely LOSER tactic!    That is not winning at all - you are not playing the game - it is like playing any competitive sport and getting ahead and then all going on strike - what on earth??  Who would even be interested in watching a ‘competition’ like that?!!  Thanks so much for your reassurance and back up!

Message 6 of 52 (5,115 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thanks and goodo - but can I ask - if you are in a club that does just all throw a whole lot of weapons out and get ahead at the beginning and then hide for the rest - please don’t hide - it really wrecks the fun of the game.  It is meant to be fun.  Hiding for 12-24 hours means the other club can’t play, can’t do anything and just have to wait a very long time for another war and hope that it is more fun.

Message 7 of 52 (5,114 Views)

★★★★ Guide

My club is in the top 1000. Yes, we always try to get into a position where we have enough points to stay under the bubble for the rest of the war. But almost all of our opposing teams try the same and then the game becomes very exciting. It seems we have totally different opinions about what makes a game fun.

Message 8 of 52 (5,101 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Interesting that you find that exciting - it is like the end of teh war then after only a few hours of game play - I don’t know how it can be exciting or good sportsmanship to get ahead and then hide like cowards under domes and stop continue playing.  Once you are ahead and all under a dome - that is fairly much the end of war - it is such a boring and cowardly tactic - it takes away all fun.  Please explain to me how that is exciting - it is only for you guys that got under your domes because you are going to win the spoils of war without playing a full and proper war.

Message 9 of 52 (5,011 Views)

★★★★ Guide

It sounds like it's easy to get a lead and then stay under the bubble. But it is only easy if the other team does not prevent this. For me, the exciting part of the game is to identify the opponent's strategy and (along with my other teammates) to find an optimal counterstrategy. The SimCity Club War is designed as a strategy game and not, as many believe in this forum, as a simple shooter game in which you just need to collect items and start shooting without much thought. For me, especially the option to stay under the bubble or not makes the game a complex strategy game.

Message 10 of 52 (4,988 Views)