Re: War assignments

by PinnacleValley

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice
@NotHere2237 There is nothing fair about someone with a War Rank 4 playing in an Arena 5. How do you expect it to be fair? It is like expecting a pitcher in PeeWee league to start pitching in the Major Leagues and win the game.
Message 11 of 22 (1,080 Views)

★ Expert

@Attitoode I appreciate you getting back and I’m guessing you may have read some of my conversations with the “strategy” boys, but in this case I realized perhaps you just weren’t aware of all factors surrounding the level of frustration so my response perhaps was to maybe broaden the horizon so to speak. My impression is you’re an intelligent and well thought out individual so my best read was you may have made inadvertent misstep and as one that has stepped in it all my life I truly understand. My comment related to the side step was not an insult but rather an acknowledgement of how you made a positive effort to move forward...I learned a long time ago it’s not that you stepped in it, but how quickly you cleaned of your shoes and started watching where you’re going (for those that don’t understand Southerners simply stated the measure of an individual is not the mistakes they make but rather how they learn from them and move forward).

I’m hoping you had a chance to read debmace’s post that gives great insight to the lone wolf mentality which is the path many choose. Many clubs have elected to simply focus on CoM because of the run and hide crowd (which their selfishness and self righteousness earns a high level of disdain from many) and the obvious cheaters and hackers that seem to run rampant (for me I’d much rather face them at least they come to play). For the CoM clubs there’s always been a 20% penalty so leveling the playing field was simply a joke. I’ve walked in your shoes and absolutely enjoyed the war games for the teamwork, the laughter and the fellowship and elected to utilize resources more toward the war games rather than CoM...but I made that choice, now it appears EA is pushing all to participate in the war games (not addressing any of the issues that has led to hundreds leaving the game for good) as shown by the 80% of war assignments I ended up with last week.

i wish you well, keep sharing your wisdom and most importantly enjoy the game.

Message 12 of 22 (1,070 Views)

★★★ Novice

My problem is that I left a warclub because I was so tired of wars. Joined a no war club just to do Mayors and build my city.

Right now as I am writing hvis I have 7 war related assignments. Do an attack, a common attack, a rare attack, a ledgendary attack, do war deleveries, upgrade an attack and last but not least claim warreward........

This is foolish.

Please make it posible to do Mayors without war assignments.

Message 13 of 22 (1,026 Views)

★★★ Novice
@PinnacleValley
Well spoken
Message 14 of 22 (1,022 Views)

★ Expert

Thanks Moirty. Honestly, I’m not sure even if I was still participating in the war games I could complete my seven war tasks even in a negotiated war and certainly not with the run and hide crowd. There is an obvious disconnect....maybe someone will have a reality moment, but I have my doubts. Good luck to you.

Message 15 of 22 (1,015 Views)

★ Guide

Surely a way round this problem would be to create a sub group of say 6 war assignments that were only active when a club is at war, much like the war deliveries feature is now. These would still count towards your total number of assignments for the week and towards your COM total. This would mean that those who are not participating in wars would still have a full range of assignments to choose from and those doing wars could choose from either group or do a mixture of both.

Message 16 of 22 (1,001 Views)

★ Expert

@Mahler1989  Interesting concept and certainly very fair...well worth a XP. Well done and most impressive.

Message 17 of 22 (984 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

dear ea support, i recently joined a club that has no wars. i not only get assigned tasks to create vu disasters now i am assigned to start wars when i cannot do either one. i did not build vu tower and when i delete task it is assigned to me again and i keep losing points. i cannot even make higher points to help the club. frown.  i sent help request form and hope someone can help me so i can help the club. frown.

Message 18 of 22 (956 Views)

★★★ Guide

I must disagree with you on this. SimCity is a BUILDING SIMULATOR not a war game. The war feature is a recent development & not appreciated by all. If you want to play war, invest in a war game. People play SimCity to create something, not destroy it. I resent being constantly goaded into participating in violence. It has no place in this game. War is a cash generator for EA. All of the new developments are profit buckets. The new assignments in CoM are designed to generate cash for EA. Yes, EA has a right to make a profit from its creation but constantly pushing people to do war & spend money just to advance in the game has become tiresome. If I didn't have my own club, I would have stopped playing long ago. War was not originally part of the game and loading CoM with war assignments that not everyone can do is unfair. 30% of the assignments are being dedicated to war whether they are deleted or not. Used to be that if a war assignment wasn't selected, no more were assigned. With the addition of nine war assignments, our queues are being flooded with them, they are constantly repeated, and cost players real world money. The constant repitition of assignments was bad enough but now it's just ridiculous. I have had as many as eight war jobs in my queue at once. I started playing because l enjoy creating. War has made SimCity a drag and l, for one, wish it would go away. Nuff said. Standard smile

Message 19 of 22 (752 Views)
Highlighted

★ Expert

@cricket4103  Not sure who you disagree with but that’s ok, I’m in full agreement with you and you’re right, nuff said...(you muss be from roun c’here) 

Message 20 of 22 (739 Views)