Re: War assignments

by Mahler1989

Original Post

Accepted Solution

War assignments

★★ Novice

My club has competed in the wars, every week, since they began. This week we need a break, fair enough! Unfortunately while trying to compete in the contest of mayors, half the assignments are war ones. I have 6 war assignments, and have already forfeited 3 war ones. There are also 2 regional simoleon challenges, and I can’t do them either! That’s your glitch, not mine. Have you guys lost the plot? So many war challenges is ridiculous. Please can we have a more varied selection. Stop forcing people to go to war, if they don’t want to.

Message 1 of 22 (2,296 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice

It just shows how this game keeps getting more and more twisted. They add some really good features to the game but then combine it with some really dumb things that outweigh the good things they've done. 

View in thread

Message 6 of 22 (2,187 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

I  respect what you are saying but war is part of the game and being in a club. Those who participate in the wars and the COM use up a lot of their resources and so it makes it more of a strain by doing both. To me, this helps even the playing field for those who do both wars and COM verses those who don't participate in wars. Maybe it will get more people to start getting involved with the wars.

Message 2 of 22 (2,265 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@AttitoodeI haven’t got a few war assignments this time, I have had 9! Way too many. We usually play war once a week, I’m level 27 in war, but came across very obvious cheats 2 weeks ago, and it’s really put me off war. Everyone needs a break now and then, and this week the war assignments are way over the top. It’s made my playing field very uneven.

Message 3 of 22 (2,247 Views)

★ Guide
@Attitoode War is part of the game now but the game worked perfectly well without it. War is however an option that not everyone wants to participate in. The latest introduction of unlimited war tasks in COM is effectively making it compulsory. I have joined in with wars in the past and have a rank of 26 but along with the other members of my club have abandoned it because of the flagrant cheating that EA repeatedly fails to deal with. If the current situation with war tasks in COM continues I will be giving up on the game completely.
Message 4 of 22 (2,238 Views)

★★ Novice
@Attitoode And also, war wasn’t part of the game when I started. This was the reason I played to begin with. I was tired of being tied to a war game all the time.
Message 5 of 22 (2,224 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It just shows how this game keeps getting more and more twisted. They add some really good features to the game but then combine it with some really dumb things that outweigh the good things they've done. 

Message 6 of 22 (2,188 Views)

★ Expert

@Attitoodethere are many things about your initial post that needs to be addressed. Monkeytopia was extremely gracious but in no way did you answer any questions, nice attempt to side step your prior post but I’m still trying figure out any good things (honestly good things) done since the implementation of the war games. I always appreciated your perspective in prior posts but this one you are so far off...rather than rant (and have my post removed) I will simply suggest you read debmace’s post from Sunday in this section which is a well thought out and sincere and perhaps you will gain greater insight to what’s actually happening instead of a war focused perspective. 

Message 7 of 22 (2,080 Views)

★ Expert

debmace’s post is New Mayors Pass Challenges...it’s well worth the read.

Message 8 of 22 (2,075 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Attitoode How exactly does this even the playing field. All it does is unbalance the playing field in favor of war enthusiasts even more. One of our newest club members is only a level 4 in war but she has COM tasks that require her to unleash legendary attacks that she hasn’t yet unlocked. Another requires her to collect a gold war chest. We are in arena 5 which means she would need 32,000 war points to earn a gold chest. How is she supposed to do that with only 4 low level disasters unlocked? It’s bad enough that they are forcing you to war when you might not want to but the least they could do is make the tasks possible. And, as those of us who are highly ranked know, you can’t go canceling tasks because it completely limits your chances of winning your group. This new update is ridiculous and will run away veteran players.
Message 9 of 22 (2,001 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@PinnacleValley It seems that I have inadvertently stepped on a few tails here, which was not my intention. And likewise, I have always enjoyed your posts.

First of all, when I said I respected what Monkeytopia was saying, it meant that I wasn't disagreeing with what they were saying. I was merely saying that clubs and wars are part of the game, whether you like it or not. Obviously everyone plays the game differently. For me, when our club is at war, I put all my resources into the war and only do the CoM tasks that won't affect my war effort. So having more war assignments in the CoM is a good balance. My opinion!

Secondly, I wasn't trying to divert anything. If anything, my message, which I am sure you have read abundantly in my other posts, is about how the developers are too busy trying to monetize this game. That is why I think it keeps getting more and more twisted. War was their first attempt by trying to get you to buy cards for disasters. The new regions was their next attempt by implementing Regional HQs that are closed for 60 hours and only open for 24 hours and then having 2 out of 3 assignments in your CoM with decent points relating to the HQs hoping that you will pay to fill out those tasks. And lately it is the Mayor's Pass that is trying to force us to pay to play. That is how it is getting so twisted.

So the underlying element to all the war tasks is most likely due to a decrease in the number of people involved in doing the wars. In the last 10 wars our club has been involved with, the participation from the opposing club has been minimal to zero.

So bottom line, it is all about money. They don't care about the real issues of people playing fairly or cheating and hacking. Just how to make more money. And we are the fools, including me, thinking that posting here will make a difference. The only thing we can do that will make a difference is to stop logging in and playing this game. Maybe then, they might go back to what made this game great. I know I am not enjoying it anymore.
Message 10 of 22 (1,979 Views)