War Teams Just Staying Under Shield

by Killer17

Original Post

Re: War Teams Just Staying Under Shield

★ Expert

Guys, I think the point is people are getting absolutely fed up with this “strategy” and not from the perspective of winning or losing...just plain boredom, which should be the last thing any company in the entertainment business should want to hear...

It does put a smile on my face to hear a bubble team getting “out bubbled” and then complain about it. Now you have a slight understanding of what those of us experience that man up to the challenge we accepted and play to the bitter end, showing respect to our opponents. 

BAN THE TURTLE “STRATEGY”  NOW 

Message 21 of 69 (1,682 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I quit my club because of 10 man clubs using the turtle strategy. Club Wars was a great update until turtle teams destroyed the fun of being in a club. Now the drama within clubs resulting from shielding strategies is too much for me.  I am taking it easy and just working on my city alone. When EA figures out that revenue is dropping because of teams doing this they will fix it. I might even join a club when they do.

Message 22 of 69 (1,677 Views)

★ Guide

We had a good battle going today. The other team was down by 10,000 points but kept on fighting. At the end they had us bubbled and we could do nothing, no time to make items for repairs, also could not find the items in our depots or global market. I felt we really let them down but had no choice. Ashamed of this win. They were still ready to fight.

Message 23 of 69 (1,657 Views)

★ Expert

Nothing to be ashamed of, both teams fought hard and exhausted resources...that certainly isn’t turtling. It’s like in the middle of the night when most folks go to bed, no reasonable person expects you to be available all 36 hours...time zone differences contribute to some frustration and misunderstanding, it’s when an entire club stays in the bubble for an extended time frame well beyond a goodnight’s sleep or a normal work day that it is a problem.

I’m sure your opponents were frustrated at the end but if you couldn’t get out you couldn’t get out...that’s just called a good old fashion competition and when you get past the winning or losing (which is tough) I’m sure both clubs in a moment of clarity recognize they had an enjoyable experience...

Message 24 of 69 (1,647 Views)

★★★★ Novice

We just met a club that stayed 26 hours under bubbles !!!! For victory. This is the 6th consecutive club we meet that play with this strategy. This game becomes a total boredom, there is more pleasure to make wars. Friends developers, we must react and quickly.

Message 25 of 69 (1,591 Views)

★★ Novice

If you allow your opponents to gain a lead so large that even after you close out all their cities they still have a lead then you deserve the loss. It’s as simple as that. Stop whining... play harder.  It doesn’t matter how high you rank, we ALL win some and lose some.

Message 26 of 69 (1,469 Views)

★★★★ Novice
What is the purpose of your answer? I never said that we had lost the 6 wars. Even when we win the opponents stay under bubbles for hours and hours. No interest.
Message 27 of 69 (1,449 Views)

★★ Novice

Answer? I didn’t answer any particular question. I merely excersized my write to free speech, on this public forum you have subscribed to.

Furthuremore, just because I replied to this thread doesn’t mean I was speaking to you directly; I don’t understand what would give you that inclination. Did I state your name? How many other people have contributed to this thread? You think you’re the only person here?

If you feel like my response was directed at you then you probably have some sort of relational feelings to in-game war play and the scenario I spoke of. I suggest you handle your insecurities on your own.

Message 28 of 69 (1,432 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello - I found your article very interesting.  I am in pretty good club except for a couple things.

You cant repair when you're attacked until you're bubbled.  I figured the opposing team has figured that out and left several of us half attacked.

Plus the overkill thing has to be 10+  I read sometime ago, that 8+ was sufficient.  There are 20 of us or so and the same top five always get mega points.

After an hour plus of not being completely attacked I asked if I could repair and they said no....so I sit waiting it is so frustrating!!!

I have enjoyed all the Sims games.  The last time I played SCBI there was the war stuff.  I totally agree there should be an auto-repair whether bubbled or not.

Several people have left team because of their rules.  Plus you cant ask for other war items, but okay to sell???

Any advise would be appreciated

thank you

Message 29 of 69 (1,420 Views)

★ Expert

Hi , Greg4400, Airbornenerdrage & Bkfrenchy,

Greg, I completely understand where you’re coming from and I’m right there with you. The turtle boys in my opinion are disrespectful to their opponent and to the game itself. I have friends that loved the war game but left due to the shear boredom. These wins are shallow at best and are not victories in any sense it the word.

Airbornenerdrage, I certainly understand where you’re coming from as well and agree with you as well. My good friend Modern Thinker has shared many times it is your responsibility not to bubble your opponent if they’re ahead and it’s not easy. We are in a battle with a team and the team appears built to sit in the bubble...we simply jumped on them early and often. In the first 10 minutes we were up 5k and we have built it up to 30k as of  this moment.

Both of you have excellent points and in this case they complement each other. I believe this is a simple misunderstanding attributable to the closeness of the posts. Great job sharing to you both.

Bkfrency, the information you shared is unbelievable from the aspect that someone would do that, but I know it’s true, i’ve heard it too many times. 

I’ll send you a PM tomorrow and share with you some of the things I’ve learned. Thanks to each of you for sharing, great job all.

Message 30 of 69 (1,411 Views)