War Map is frozen on iPad

by Scups12

Original Post

War Map is frozen on iPad

★★ Apprentice

Locks up every time I travel to end of prompts.

Message 1 of 11 (4,481 Views)

Re: Club wars - Feedback

★★ Apprentice

Off to a bad start. Despite prompts to the contrary, war map freezes up at the point where available attacks are supposed to display. Using an iPad Air2.

Message 2 of 11 (4,513 Views)

Re: Club wars - iPad freezes

EA app Team

Hi @Scups12,

I'm sorry to read you are having issues to send your Attacks. Let's try to find out what's going on Wink

Have you already tried to restart your device? If not, please, reboot your device by turning it off for a few seconds and then powering it back on again. This can help to clear the memory of your device from any tasks that should no longer be using resources.

On iOS devices like your iPad, you may also need to perform a hard reboot. To do this, hold down the power and home buttons simultaneously until the screen turns off and the Apple icon appears. Once you release the buttons your device will reboot. This won't erase the content on your device.

If this doesn't help, we might want to reinstall the game to make sure there was not an issue with the download of the update. But this is only an option if you have your game saved as explained in this article: https://help.ea.com/help/simcity/simcity-buildit/save-your-city-and-progress-in-simcity-buildit/
Please, don't uninstall the app if you don't have your progress saved in Facebook, Google Play or Game Center, as this will delete your city.

You will want to make sure that you are using a stable Wi-Fi connection to download the game again. Some games can have relatively large downloads, so doing this will minimize the chance of experiencing connection issues which may corrupt game data as it's being downloaded. If you're using Android, the game will need to remain open while installing or launching it for the first time; it may not install correctly while running in the background.

Let us know if that helps Standard smile

-Mai

Message 3 of 11 (4,366 Views)

★ Novice
I'm on Android phone. Having same issue. Really lame. Was this feature tested before release?
I already restarted then tried reinstalling. Didn't help at all just wasted my time. What's the deal, what else can I do?

On a side note I think it's really really counter intuitive and very agitating that I have to play the tutorial again before I can come back to my real city after reinstalling.
Message 4 of 11 (4,343 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you for responding. My iPad Air2 is now functioning without any draconian action on my part. However, as noted by another poster, club members using android are still having problems. I’ll pass along your Android advice.

Message 5 of 11 (4,313 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No it doesn't help. I've reinstalled the game twice. Same problem at the same place -- when I enter the war map and that stupid woman tries to show me how to use "boosters."  The arrow just bobs up and down, no buttons function and I eventually have to force close the app.  Using iPhone X so hardware isn't the issue.

Message 6 of 11 (4,049 Views)

[ Edited ]

Simcitybuildit 

Message 7 of 11 (4,043 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I’ve waited for hours. I just let it sit cane back to it later, woke the phone up, stupid thing is still bobbing up and down. I’ve kept it awake for at least 10 minutes, same result.
Message 8 of 11 (4,036 Views)

Re: War Map is frozen on iPad

★★★ Newbie

Mine is doing the exact same thing. I'm playing on my iPhone X and I've tried all of the previous suggestions. I've restarted my phone. Deleted the app and then restarted the game. And it still freezes every time my team starts a war. Did you ever figure out a solution??

Message 9 of 11 (3,723 Views)

Re: War Map is frozen on iPad

★★★ Newbie

Did anyone ever find a solution to this? Exact same experience on my Android phone for me

Message 10 of 11 (3,084 Views)