Unable to update game android

by pos512003

Original Post

Re: SimCity app can't open after Update

★ Novice
I am having the same issue. Thus is the email response I received. It doesn't work when I tried myself either. If anyone else can get to work with the instructions please let me know. I can't even find the app in the Google play store either

Hey Mayor, thanks for contacting us.

As I understand that you are getting an error message that "your device is incompatible" while trying to update your game.

However please note that if you've previously been able to play SimCity BuildIt on your Android device, but your Google Play Store is saying your device is 'no longer compatible', we've not recently made any changes that would prevent you from continuing to play! Please follow these two steps which may help get you playing again

Firstly, please temporarily remove, then re-add your Google Account to your device. Here's how:
1) Open the Settings menu on your device.
2) Under "Accounts", touch the name of the account that you want to remove.
3) If you're using a Google account, touch Google and then the account.
4) Touch the Menu icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
5) Touch Remove account.
6) Re-add the account by entering your credentials, then re-open the Google Play Store.

Secondly, please make sure you've updated the Google Play Store app itself and your Google Play Service app
To check your version of/update the Google Play Store:
-Open the settings menu in the Google Play Store app.
-Scroll all the way down.
-Tap on the Build Version section.
-If an update is available it will be here!

We're continuing to investigate into these reports, and are in discussions with Google as to why it may be happening. Thank you for your patience!**

We want to make sure everyone has the best experience possible playing SimCity BuildIt. Sometimes it's not possible for us to support certain devices as their processors or memory would struggle with the graphical intensity of our game. This can also include a modified or 'rooted' device, currently running a higher OS version than is officially available for it.

Sometimes we have to take the difficult decision to no longer support a device that was previously supported, due to multiple crash reports and feedback gathered from our players. Some catastrophic problems only start to appear once a city has grown very large, or a player has been playing for an extended period of time - so even though you may have had a good experience up until now it's very likely that you might have a bad experience in the future, perhaps even losing your entire city. We want to make sure that future players do not experience these issues. These decisions are never easy to make, and we appreciate how frustrating they can be.

We're really sorry that your device is currently incompatible with SimCity BuildIt as we wish everyone could play our game, but we'd also really hate it if you had a terrible time battling with crashing, lag or data loss. If you'd like to start playing on a supported mobile device in the future we'd be more than happy to hear from you again!
http://help.ea.com/en/simcity/simcity-buildit/
Message 11 of 30 (3,846 Views)

new update, galaxy s8 not compatible?

★★★ Newbie

Woke up this morning (11.6.2017) to Buildit telling me that I need to update but the update page in the Play store is saying that my device is not compatible. This is one of Samsung's current devices and has never had any trouble running the app. 

I have spent a good deal of time and money on getting this far and hate to give up my city. 

Are their any tricks for getting past the supported device check?

Message 12 of 30 (3,848 Views)

"the current game is no longer supported" on IOS 7

★★★ Newbie

I was playing Simcity on my iphone 7 and suddenly i can't load my game anymore. when i tried to reopen it a window popped up "the current game is no longer supported please upgrade" . but on the app store there is not update available.

please help me solve this problem. i didnt sign up with my fb account so im afraid if i have to reinstall it i would lose all my data.

Message 13 of 30 (3,846 Views)

SimsCity BuildIt not compatible with Galaxy S8

★ Novice
Hello,
i just checked SimCity BuildIt in Google Play Store, and it says "Your device isn't compatibe with this version."
There are reviews with the same device, but older version of the game. Is there any specific reason why is it like this, or just no one noticed?
Message 14 of 30 (3,832 Views)

Re: SimCity Buildit update

★★★ Newbie

Same thing with my S7. You guys broke SimCity with this upgrade. Why no response to our concerns here?

Message 15 of 30 (3,808 Views)

Monday's Update Breaks SimCity for Android Users ...

★★★ Newbie

The last update rendered SimCity incompatible with my Samsung S7. SimCity is not available for download from Google Play Store due to the incompatibility issue. Please acknowledge that you are aware that there is an issue and you are working on the fix.

Message 16 of 30 (3,822 Views)

Re: Monday's Update Breaks SimCity for Android Users ...

★★★★★ Newbie
Same issue. Been playing for 2 years. What's the fix?
Message 17 of 30 (3,816 Views)

EA app Team

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reporting this problem! Could you please try these steps?:

For Android devices:

1. Go to Settings > Display > Screen resolution
  2. Change resolution to WQHD (2560 x 1440)
  3. Then go to Settings > Apps > Google Play Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache.

For iOS devices:

Could you please check if the update is not showing in App Store > Updates?

If this doesn't work, please, let us know which device you are having issues with.

Thanks for trying!

-Mai

Message 18 of 30 (7,626 Views)

★ Novice
Thank you so much for this solution to the SimCity update problem, it worked. It even fixed my problem with Boom Beach LOL
Message 19 of 30 (3,775 Views)

EA app Team

Awesome! The cause is related to a security update in the device, that's why it might help with other apps as well.

Thanks for confirming it helped for you, @gansted! Standard smile

-Mai

Message 20 of 30 (3,772 Views)