Unable to update game android

by pos512003

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Unable to update game android

★ Novice
I was informed today that I need to update the game on my galaxy s8 only to be informed the now my handset is not compatible with the game. Is this a know issue or an Google play store issue.
Message 1 of 30 (4,048 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Monday's Update Breaks SimCity for Android Users ...

EA app Team

Hi everyone,

Thanks for reporting this problem! Could you please try these steps?:

For Android devices:

1. Go to Settings > Display > Screen resolution
  2. Change resolution to WQHD (2560 x 1440)
  3. Then go to Settings > Apps > Google Play Storage > Clear Data and Clear Cache.

For iOS devices:

Could you please check if the update is not showing in App Store > Updates?

If this doesn't work, please, let us know which device you are having issues with.

Thanks for trying!

-Mai

View in thread

Message 18 of 30 (7,627 Views)

All Replies

Re: Unable to update game android

★★ Novice

I have exactly the same issue with the same phone model. Official, rootless rom.

Message 2 of 30 (4,023 Views)

Re: Unable to update game android

★ Novice
I have a galaxy s7 edge, and I have run into the same exact issue. It says my device is NOT compatible after the latest update became available. The same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago with boom beach. Im guessing goggle play is having some serious issues
Message 3 of 30 (4,006 Views)

Betreff: Unable to update game android

★ Novice

Galaxy s7, android 7 - same issue here...

Message 4 of 30 (3,997 Views)

Update not compatible

★★★ Novice
Tried to open game today (6 November) and it said I needed to update, went into the Google Play Store and presented with a message advising it isn't compatible with my device. I have an S7 Edge and have been playing for over a year. Please advise!
Message 5 of 30 (3,998 Views)

Re: Update not compatible

Message 6 of 30 (3,987 Views)

Re: SimCity Buildit update

★ Novice

Won't open on my S7 Edge because it says it's been updated, when going to update the app it says it's not compatible with my device?

Message 7 of 30 (3,940 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie
Any information related to a fix for this yet? The link provided above does not provide any further details or fixes so I'm still in search of a fix.
Message 8 of 30 (3,961 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I've posted link to show another useres that issue is not a single incident. I've also reported issue via support center but still waiting for answer :/
Message 9 of 30 (3,945 Views)

SimCity app can't open after Update

★★★ Newbie
The app is asking for an update to be made in Google play but when I got to Google play, it says the version isn't compatible with my device. My phone has the latest version of Android. 
I followed suggested method and removed my Google play account and re-added credentials as instructed. And updated Google play app. However, the problem still persists.
Please advise.  Appreciate the help.
Message 10 of 30 (3,934 Views)