Trade center rarely get buy items that are for sale?

by zzmayor

Original Post

Trade center rarely get buy items that are for sale?

★★★ Newbie
I rarely get to buy items that are advertised at the trade centre. I tap on the times quickly items are already sold!!
Message 1 of 16 (4,516 Views)

Re: Trade center rarely get buy items that are for sale?

★★★ Newbie
Absolute BS. I always see the same people advertising the same stuff. Click, nothing even there.
Message 2 of 16 (4,458 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes I spent literally over an hour trying to buy a single grill. Every single one I clicked on wasn't there. It's got to be the worst trading system in every game I've ever played.

Message 3 of 16 (4,409 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Yeah. The trading system gets refreshed so slowly that things which were bought didn't vanish at once and the newly advertised commodities couldn't show up. I guess the server is such a rubbish that cannot afford enough players.
Message 4 of 16 (4,377 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah it's mega frustrating. Especially when you get into the high levels and it's even harder to see what you want because there are three times as many items all competing for the same space on the screen.

It's good and bad. It's bad that 9 times out of 10, the item you want is already snatched, but it's also good in that no matter what you put up for sale, it sells in seconds.

Message 5 of 16 (4,327 Views)

★ Guide
I think overall the trade center is much more usefull since the last update, especially after the new Game Center ID thread was started courtesy of angeldelacruz. Its much easier to find friends and a reliable source of items now. But I agree with zzmayor that items are being sold way too quickly now..I've been watching the market like a hawk for two days trying to locate storage bars, they come up for sale very often but theyre always scooped up within seconds...very frustrating.

I'm not sure if this would be a solution, but what if we could have the option of putting our items to auction where they would stay on the market for a set period of time..say five minutes..and other players could bid on them during that time. I'm not sure how feasible this would be but if anything it would add an interesting dimension to the market.

Anywayz thanks for the last update, overall I'm very impressed!

P.S. Anyone feel free to add me..Game Center ID "crapperjack01". I'm looking for storage bars and will pay premium!

City name "Atlantis"
Message 6 of 16 (4,236 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I 2nd that, every time I want something I click on it then need to go to there city realizing it has been sold.

I think the best solution would be to avoid the need to go to there city in order to buy but rather just clicking the item in the HQ and if it's sold their would be a message saying so.

It more far for everyone since the slow devices wouldn't take ages to load a city but rather get there item in a click
Message 7 of 16 (4,225 Views)

★★★ Newbie

if you bought right from there the only Items that woud sell are the advertised ones. They just need to make the cities load faster.

Message 8 of 16 (4,197 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
The few items I successfully purchased never showed up in my storage.
Message 9 of 16 (4,182 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I sent a ticket to support, here is the reply:

Tarun Pathania (SimCity BuildIt)

Dec 31 14:17

Hello Mayor, thanks for contacting us.

I'm sorry you've been having a frustrating time trading and purchasing. The Global Market moves extremely fast and the most desirable items go very quickly, so it's important to grab an item as soon as you see it!

If our servers refreshed your Market every couple of seconds it would cause a huge strain on the game, your device, your data and your battery - so to show the Market in real time would not be a great playing experience either. It's not all bad news though - as more and more players join the game there will be more and more items available for sale in the Global Market, so supply and demand will get better every day.

If you're worried that the Simoleons were taken from your account when the sale failed, don't worry - the Simoleons are refunded back to your currency totals afterwards, the next time you visit your Trade Depot. We know this isn't very clear at the moment so are working hard on improving this messaging for the future!

Which clearly isn't going to help. More people means more items, sure, but it also means more people trying to buy them. I told them this in a reply and they just said "thanks for your feedback" hehe, I really hope they do something else about it.

Message 10 of 16 (4,122 Views)