Summer Of Football Limited time event - not working

by RudeBushman

Original Post

Summer Of Football Limited time event - not working

★★ Novice

Following installing the update to my iPad (my ios is up to date), the Summer of Football ltd time event is not registering completed CoM tasks.

There are no pink diamonds usually associated with the limited time events in my CoM task list.

The pink completion bar does not advance the usual 20 points on completing a task.

Am I the only one experiencing this following the update?

Whats changed from previous limited time events?

How do i get the points I should have earned already for this event?

Message 1 of 6 (877 Views)

Re: Summer Of Football Limited time event - not working

Champion (Retired)

@RudeBushman 

In this event it seems, (at least this week), that we are not able to earn the pink diamond points by just simply completing CoM tasks as per usual, but by upgrading buildings, (houses). Many, CoM competitors will not be pleased with this as its generally known that upgrading increases one's "experience level" or city level making it more competitive and/or more difficult to win top weekly prizes in CoM. It appears that we mayors will be required to do building upgrades in order to win all Season 7 prizes...OR, we can earn pink points through real cash, in-game purchases.

Message 2 of 6 (857 Views)

★ Guide
@RudeBushman Yet another example of EA tightening the screws to extract every last penny from us. No diamond points for COM tasks this time round. A miserable 10 points for every building you upgrade or 20 points for Latin American buildings. Otherwise it is time to get the credit card out I’m afraid.
Message 3 of 6 (846 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Mahler1989 Or you could start building the houses. That is what the game is all about. Building a city. And those are the rules for the event track. If we want the new buildings, we have to build them. Just like all the other buildings we have in our cities. Doesn't take any more or less cash than any other building. Personally, I feel that trying to stay in the same place while playing a building sim defeats the purpose. BUILDING. Have a glorious day, all. 

Message 4 of 6 (820 Views)

★ Guide
@cricket4103 I was not saying that we should not build, after all as you said it is a building game. My point was in answer to the poster to inform him that on this occasion the only way to earn the diamond points was to build or stump up cash to get the points that way.

Not sure why you felt the need for a sarcastic mini rant.
Message 5 of 6 (813 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Mahler1989 is that what you were doing? Hope it helped them out. It sounded like just another bash EA rant. Well, perception is everything . If everyone who plays this game hates it and EA so much, why do they play it? The negative energy on this forum gets hard to listen to after awhile. Have a lovely evening.

Message 6 of 6 (787 Views)