Simcity buildit keeps crashing on startup

by k1200lt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Simcity buildit keeps crashing on startup

★★★★★ Novice

Hi there

My Simcity buildit keeps crashing on startup. I restarted the ipad with no effect. This is an ipad 2 with the latest system update. I don't want to uninstall the game since I'd loose the money I've spent on it for sure.

Help from EA required.

Renaud - France

Message 1 of 57 (35,786 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Simcity buildit keeps crashing on startup

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi all

finally found the solution to my Ipad 2/Sim City buildit problem on the EA servers (just cannot find the solution post anymore). I applied it and it's been working just fine so far: switch off the background app refresh (actualisation en arrière plan in french). Especially on memory voracious apps like youtube or so...

Hope this will help some of you.

(there is an update to my problem, what I say in these lines is no longer valid)

View in thread

Message 27 of 57 (20,446 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

What version of iOS are you currently using?

barry.png
Message 2 of 57 (35,651 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Im having the same trouble : ( .. For the second day now .. Using iPad 2
Message 3 of 57 (35,637 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Same issue here on a Ipad2.... Did not connect to Facebook, so I will lose all progress and money (real) spent? 

Please advise!

Message 4 of 57 (35,599 Views)

★★★ Novice
Same thing on my iPad mini retina with iOS 8.1.2 then I updated to see if maybe that was the problem iOS 8.1.3
Message 5 of 57 (35,593 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
EA help required.
Message 6 of 57 (35,593 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same problem here. Today morning the game was working... later, at 11am i played it 5 minutes in offline mode. Now, 5pm the game crashes on first load screen. of course i rebooted mi iPhone 5 several times . Im running 1.2.23 since jan13 and ios 8.1 non jailbroken since last year.
Message 7 of 57 (35,565 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Mine is doing the same thing at startup. Samsung S5
Message 8 of 57 (35,538 Views)

★ Novice
Played last night before went to bed, everything was normal, woke up this morning, game's gone
Message 9 of 57 (35,509 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have had this issue for three days now and this morning for the first time I received a system dialogue box that said "hi mayor, there was an error connecting to the server." With a quit button below it. At least it didn't crash. Maybe there is a data corruption sync issue going on, I find it hard to believe that all these people all at once started to get this load-crash issue at different stages of the game without there being a server issue involved some how. Hopefully a mod will read this thread and try to give us advise other than delete the game and reinstall because you should have logged in with Facebook or manually connected through the Game Center. We need a different option - why doesn't it just keep crashing the same way if it were a device issue?
Message 10 of 57 (35,482 Views)