Re: [SimCity] Rare items (expansion) dissapeared from my storage

by richnoder24

Original Post

[SimCity] Rare items (expansion) dissapeared from my storage

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Dear EA Simcity support team

Yesterday I have assigned a request to you with id 344908

I want to report my problem also here, in order to find out if someone encountered the same issue as me

I was having in my storage a number of about 16 Dozer Exhaust and 15 Dozer Wheel and 23 Dozer Blades. The number is aproximate, as I cant remember the exact number. I was keeping them for expanding the area near the mountain side which requested 20/20/20 pieces of each

Suddenly, during playing, i noticed my storage have emptied a lot. I put that on the fact that I was selling some items. 

But, however , after buying some new Exhaust and Wheel from the market (feeling lucky !), checking the area again , I was astonished to see they actual ones dissappearead meanwhile . 

It is about at least 10 pieces of Exhaust and 10 pieces of Wheel , as the Blades stayed the same. And I am pretty sure I havent put them for sale, in a moment of confusion. As Im taking the most care of them.

It does not make sense to tell how frustrating that felt, as meanwhile i could have unlocked so many terrains which requested less.

I wanted that area in order to put the factories here. And on the base that I am struggling a lot with space lately. 

My questions are: 

Did someone encounter this issue before?

Is it possible that my city got hacked and someone to have stolen my items? (just wondering, as I ve seen any game has its cheaters)

Last , but not least, is it possible for game to have a bug, and once an item is bought, some item of same type to dissapear if it's about large quantities?

Would you please be kind and support in this issue? I dont want to spend a new time to find items , and trying to reach 20 number per piece, and when being close to this to got "stolen" again

Thank you a lot in advance

Message 1 of 6 (2,924 Views)

[ Edited ]

Simcitybuildit 

Message 2 of 6 (2,855 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you for coming with your input regarding this topic 

I am also expecting an official answer from Simcity support team, although it may take some time.

Yes, I also think this is quite hard to be detected  by customer support.

But if this happened once, it can happen twice, and to any user. Maybe it's worth investigating. Hack is also very possible, taking into account how rare these items are.

Regarding the possibility I have unlocked by mistake other terrain, this is excluded. I barely had empty space in my city, and this unlock was so much awaited, unfortunately. Besides, the dozer blades stayed the same , as number, untouched. Meanwhile, with the remained items and some more gained I unlocked another terrain yesterday evening, because I needed space for few blocks, but not the one i wanted.

And I am usually playing the game in full state of consciousness, im not a fevered player. just playing a bit in the morning, a bit in the evening, and if it's weekend and more time, i linger a bit more, but thats all. So I would exclude also this variant Standard smile

Ive noticed some lag . Sometimes by mistake what I was doing was to click on the item to pay with the simcash, and this actually happened. But that was not big loss, is 24 simcash against one expansion item, and did not lose anything.

About the storage, dont know what to say. I never encountered any problem of emptying itself until now. Usually Im having a hard time making space in it. 

thank you for answer and lets see if someone from game support also come with an official answer

thanks

Message 3 of 6 (2,843 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Mine happened today making 20 nails to upgrade a building. Kept making and nothing happened. 

Message 4 of 6 (2,700 Views)

★★★ Newbie

@roccodonovan8 wrote:

I’ve seen items disappear from my game before but it’s usually simoleons or sim cash. Can someone hack the game? The answer is yes, pretty much any game can be hacked by someone who really wants to. 

From my experience any time I’ve lost items and reported it, customer support did not have the tools or the ability to confirm that it had happened.  In some cases they might give you a small in game credit but it’s not going to come close to what you lost. 

I would take another look at your city and confirm that you didn’t unlock a section of land without thinking about it. This game forces players to lose sleep and it is very possible to play the game half asleep and not realize what you are doing.  As well the lag in the game can result in accidental moves. Have you noticed lag?

There is a glitch in the game where your city storage sometimes will show that it is full and all of a sudden the number will drop as it catches up to the servers and corrects itself. 

Same thing happened too me 

Message 5 of 6 (2,392 Views)

★★★ Newbie

me too roral i am extander the issue as you may game is hack version but when i upgraded the city storege it say i can't update i don't know why i had this issue i maybe fix the problem tomorrow i keep updates it doesn't work but increase more iterms 

Message 6 of 6 (1,833 Views)