SimCity BuildIt keeps disconnecting

by Gaara1114

Original Post

Highlighted

SimCity BuildIt keeps disconnecting

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hiya! I have the same problem with connection. It keeps disconnecting all the time. I can do the achievements and enter the market in the first 5 mins after opening the game but then it keeps disconnecting all the time. I always have to restart my internet (mobile and/or wifi) to reconnect. My friend has the same problem as well. I've tried all the steps in the basic troubleshooting method but nothing seems to work. For example an hour long task in an achievement where I have to produce 45 coconuts in an hour, sometimes the server doesn't recognise that I picked up 15 and I have to restart my connection again but because of this the achievement cannot be completed. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 and my friend has a Razer Phone 1.

Edit: Moved post to own thread; edited title to better reflect issue @BlackjackWidow 

Message 1 of 6 (1,163 Views)

Re: SimCity BuildIt keeps disconnecting

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Gaara1114 - I know you said you tried all the steps in the basic troubleshooting, so you might have already done a couple of these but please try again.

1. Make sure your Android version is updated (should be in system settings)

2. Make sure SCBI and Google Play are updated to the latest version

3. Clear app data and cache for SCBI and Google Play

4. Reboot your phone

If these steps don't help, are you and your friend using the same Internet connection and/or data plan? It might be worthwhile to reboot your wifi router, too. 

If you're still experiencing the problem, double-check your available data storage (Settings > Storage > check total storage and available storage). SimCity BuildIt needs about 10% of your storage in order to run correctly, so if you have less than 10% available it might be the reason you're disconnecting and having such a slow time. You can go through and clear cache and data on other apps, delete unnecessary files, photos & videos, etc to clear up enough storage space.

Let us know this works for you. Fingers crossed Happy Building!

Message 2 of 6 (1,130 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Gaara1114  Has  this been in just the last couple of days or is this a chronic problem (been going on awhile.)? Comcast in my area, inner mountain west, has been sputtering off & on here since Friday. Noon Sunday til @ 4 am was bad. This may just be an ISP issue but it depends on the time frame. It was so bad early am Tuesday that I gave up & went to bed. Raised eyebrow

Message 3 of 6 (1,111 Views)

★★ Novice

Hiya! It's like this roughly since a month and 2 weeks. And it's like this during the day from about half 7am till 9pm roughly. Here I'm with giffgaff and I have 4G+ and the internet here is Virgin which is 50 mbps. Aside from the game I have no problems with the internet at all. Can watch a film in FHD without any hickups. On my phone I also have 12 GB free space too. I also reinstalled the game 4 times already. I also tried deleting the cache yesterday as well. Today I will try and see how it behaves again.

Message 4 of 6 (1,090 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Gaara1114 - Also make sure you have allowed both Google Play and SCBI permissions to use both cellular & wifi data. Settings > Apps > SCBI > Data Usage > Allow background data usage and allow app while Data Saver is on. If there are settings for allowing wifi & cellular data, make sure they're allowed as well. In Permissions > Storage, make sure data is turned on.

If you use any antivirus or antimalware on your phones, make certain SCBI is allowed. If you use any battery optimization apps or apps that are designed to speed up your phone by deleting temporary files in the background, exclude SCBI from those as well. BuildIt uses temporary files in the background.

Message 5 of 6 (1,073 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for the advice, I did all that except my antivirus, there was nothing as such to set. I will see if it works now...

Message 6 of 6 (1,063 Views)