Re: Samsung Galaxy A71

by EA_Cade

Original Post

Re: Does Simcity Buildit work on Samsung Galaxy A51?

★ Novice

I need help to verify this. I bought Samsung Galaxy A71 last month. And like many of you here, I encountered the "server connection not successful" message. I had this issue over two WIFI and a 4G networks. Two nights ago I disabled some of the Samsung applications (AppCloud, GameLauncher, and NetFlix) and uninstalled KidZones (Sorry if I got its name wrong) and another app which I forgot its name but it sounds like a tray application. My SimCity Buildit can start and I can play the game now.

Problem is, I'm not sure that EA has updated the application during June 15-17 or not or because I disabled/uninstalled those apps. Moreover, I cannot remember the name of another Samsung App I uninstalled. If there are no updates during the week, the cause of issues might be conflicts between preinstalled apps and Simcity.

Thanks

PS: Yes, I created an account just to ask this..

Message 41 of 52 (926 Views)

Re: Does Simcity Buildit work on Samsung Galaxy A51?

Hero (Retired)

@wongv2020 - Thank you so much for taking the time to share this information with us! 

According to the SCBI Play Store listing, the last update was June 3, so I can't find any information that points to anything changing with SCBI during the time you had it uninstalled. The only other thing that I can think of, that could be a factor, would be a system update. You can always check in Settings > System Updates to be sure.

To anyone who is willing to test, it would be great if you would take the time to uninstall one app from wongv2020's list at a time, then check if you can launch the game before you uninstall the next one. You can narrow it down to which app might be conflicting with SimCity BuildIt. Whatever you last uninstalled before it launches would be the conflict. And of course, you can always reinstall anything that you want to keep, if it didn't make a difference.

Tagging for visibility:  @rund6661 @tykeemm @georgeos100 @Selected20 @Ambardo @Nspringmonster @Markisio87 @jamesheytz @Zdepam @zazinha84 @janam_182 @DanSonofHim @pupoinspace @Exodia2015 

Please reply back with results. Fingers crossed And thanks again, @wongv2020 !

Message 42 of 52 (899 Views)

Re: Samsung A71 - Server connection was not successful

★★★ Newbie

I also the Samsung A70 and I receive the exact same error message. I have connected to the game with both Cellular and WiFi connection and results isn't changed. Please let me know if there's a solution.

Message 43 of 52 (840 Views)

Re: Samsung A71 - Server connection was not successful

★ Novice

I have checked my phone and found that the system was last updated on June 12. I also tried enable AppCloud and GameLauncher back but the game still able to start and play normally. So, I guess it should be KidZones or other preinstalled apps that I completely uninstalled that cause server connection issues. Sorry I couldn't be more specific about what apps actually caused it.

Message 44 of 52 (831 Views)

there was a new update on my phone today I download it an...

★★ Novice

there was a new update on my phone today I download it and the first thing i did after that was checking with the game and i opened it the surprise was it worked without uninstalling any apps
so i guess it was problem with Samsung not the game
so to anyone have "server connection not successful" message try to update the phone and check with the game

Message 45 of 52 (791 Views)

★★ Novice

No,i havent played sim city,only had an issue with fifa....but i can understand as both  games are EA products..so yeah,i emailed them...they told me that they were working on an issue about  software compatibility with many phone models and told me to wait for future updates. After,few days slowly the lag n connection problem is getting lesser and it much ''playable'' now.I can feel the change now,less lag n server connection.

Message 46 of 52 (777 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi guys,

I have updated mywmy Galaxy A71 with the last OTA just released and the game working.

I attached the image of the info about the system software.

The same version of Simcity previously the update not work.

I guess that the issue is something in rhe Samsung OS.

Bye

Message 47 of 52 (751 Views)

★ Novice

Hey Everyone, 

I was following this topic as i was facing the same issue, I also received a phone OTA update yesterday, 

I tried the game afterwards, it worked! no uninstall or clearing of anything was required. i guess it was a samsung sw issue. 

Anyways i hope this works for you too. 

Message 48 of 52 (727 Views)

Community Manager
Hey all,

This issue appears to be resolved as of 6/20 via an OTA update from Samsung.

If you're still seeing this error now please ensure your device is fully up to date.

Thanks!
EACade
Message 49 of 52 (4,501 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

This is fantastic news!

Thanks so much to all for patience & help while it got sorted Thumbs up 

Special thanks to all those that let us know it worked for them. 

Happy Building!

Message 50 of 52 (1,015 Views)