It says "hello, mayor! Server connection was not successful, please try again!"

My phone is Samsung A71..

Thank you

Message 1 of 52 (6,350 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Samsung Galaxy A71

Community Manager
Hey all,

This issue appears to be resolved as of 6/20 via an OTA update from Samsung.

If you're still seeing this error now please ensure your device is fully up to date.

Thanks!
EACade

View in thread

Message 49 of 52 (4,454 Views)

All Replies

Re: Server

★★ Novice

It's a situation where you can't make a phone call.

How can I solve this problem?

Message 2 of 52 (6,260 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@rund6661

Are you using an in-home wi-fi connection? You may need to disconnect, reconnect, and maybe even re-enter your wi-fi password. Or unplug your wi-fi box, allow to "warm up" and reconnect your phone.

If you are using a data plan with a data limit, (whether the data is individual or shared) as opposed to an unlimited one, ( usually counts any online time and app time outside of your home or maybe even in-home if you don't have a wi-fi connection),  you may have already used the data you paid for or have agreed to pay for for the month, 3-month, or 6-month period.

These are just a few of my thoughts based on the screenshot you shared.

I really hope this information has been helpful or will be helpful sometime in the future but if not, I'm hoping you'll receive a reply that will offer you the information you need to continue enjoying SCBI.

As one of the many mayors who try and help others here in the Answer HQ forum, I would like to ask that that if and when a mayor is able to solve your issue, or if XP are in order, the appropriate buttons are used.

Thank you and

PEACE

Message 3 of 52 (6,244 Views)

★ Novice

I also have the Samsung A71 and I receive the exact same error message. I have reinstalled the game multiple times and signed into my WiFi again and tried using mobile data, and restarting my phone. I tried contacting ea but they couldn't help. Please let me know if there's a solution.

Thanks

Message 4 of 52 (6,228 Views)

★ Novice
@tykeemm Uh-huh
Message 5 of 52 (6,153 Views)

Server connection was not successful!

★★★ Newbie

Good morning!

I have a problem with connection server. The server did not open because it gives me the error "Server connection was not successful". Please help me with some advice. I deleted the data and I uninstalled the game, I reset the phone and it still doesn't work. Take a look at the picture with the error. 

Message 6 of 52 (6,144 Views)

Re: Server connection was not successful!

★★★ Novice

Hey there. I have the same exact issue! I just bought a new Samsung Galaxy A71 and downloaded and installed this game. After I had the game installed, I selected my age and clicked done. Then as the game barely loaded up, the game just displays this error with no other option, but to choose "Quit". And I have no idea how to fix it. I don't know why I'm not allowed to even play simcity on my new phone... Why??? 😕

Message 7 of 52 (6,103 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@georgeos100 - Connection issues can be really tough to troubleshoot. Since you've already tried reinstalling and using a different connection, as @never2old2game suggested, I would check to be certain your phone isn't running any updates in the background. If you have auto-updates turned on for your apps and OS systems, these can clog up your data line and cause connection issues for your phone, too. Close any background apps that may be running; restart your phone to clear cache after an uninstall/reinstall of the game.

Another possibility is data storage on your device. If you have unnecessary apps or photos / videos in storage, uninstall, move or delete them. It is recommended that you have at least 10% of your device's storage available for SimCity BuildIt. You can find more details here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/simcity/simcity-buildit/basic-troubleshooting-steps-for-simcity-build...

Hope this helps. Happy building!

Message 8 of 52 (6,060 Views)

Re: Server connection was not successful!

Hero (Retired)

Hey there @Ambardo @Selected20 - EA has had some network issues that could have contributed to your server connections. Hopefully, these issues have been resolved for now. Keep an eye on EA Help on Twitter for details. 

If you're still experiencing issues, have a look at the troubleshooting articles here: iOS devices  Android devices

Message 9 of 52 (6,049 Views)

★ Novice

OMG, I have exactly the same problem with my A71. No matter how many times I try to uninstall, reinstall, change to different network, allow all app permissions and even factory reset my phone. I think the problem comes from SimCity Buildit app. 

Message 10 of 52 (6,030 Views)