Re: Ridiculous Point Totals in COM Mega League

by EA_Arrenai

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Ridiculous Point Totals in COM Mega League

★★ Novice

First let me say I have been a SimCity fan for years having played many of the computer versions out there. So when I stumbled upon SimCity Buildit I knew I had to take it for a spin. 

I have been playing Simcity Buildit now for over a year. During that time I thought I had seen it all in the Mega league. Until tonight. The person currently in first place has a point total of 243,660. With 60 assignments and 15 tickets that's an avg of 3248.8 points per assignment. Really?! Wow must be nice to be on the receiving end of such glorious assignments. Funny how this person didn't even appear anywhere near the top this morning but in the span of approx 14 hours has gone from not even being in the top 50 to taking the lead... a point accumulation of over 170,000 points in 14 hours. I play this game hard and even I'm not that good. My all time top score is 156K, give or take a 1000. 

Every player in Com should be given the same chance of winning if they do their best and give it their all. But week after week I see players come out of nowhere at the last minute to take the top spots that were not even in the top 50 with less than 24 hours to go. You realize it took me 2 minutes of searching the internet to find all the cheats and hacks one would need to pull this off. Yet week after week EA ignores it. How do I know this... because I see the same players week after week in the COM and they are almost always at the top with scores so ridiculous it that unless one was cheating there is no way to pull it off. 

The most frustrating aspect of all this is that many, like myself, have posted this on your forum over the past couple of years and still it continues. I know there is a naughty server you ban the cheats to and if that is true then why don't you put them all in their own COM together and let the duke it out. Leave those of us who play fair to play against others who also play fair. Better yet ban them from the game entirely! They aren't using real money anyway as they hack the simcash too. 

It would be nice for once if you would take your head out of the sand and "do the right thing"... clean up the cheating in COM. EA should get back to the root of the games original intent ... which was to build a city. COM, War etc is all a distraction to the true intent of the game. Contests are great but considering I have no chance of ever winning or matching such ridiculous scores I may well pack it in. If it weren't for the wonderful people in my club I would have pulled the plug long ago.

Message 1 of 5 (1,093 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @101Neutron.

Thanks for your concern. If you believe anyone is cheating, please submit their information to our Terms of Service team. From there, they'd be able to investigate the issue, and take action as appropriate.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (1,003 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice

The developers of this game are too busy concentrating on how to create ways of making us use real money to play this game than trying to deal with cheats and hackers. Like you, I am a fan of the original PC games and thought this would be great too. Been playing it for over a year as well. The group activity is the only thing keeping me here also. The CoM is a great idea but the cheating and nothing being done about it swiftly has made it unappealing. 

I don't put much effort into trying to win the CoM anymore, and just try to get as much points as possible for the club chests. I certainly won't use any SimCash to try to complete tasks, since what you could win if you're not in the top 6 is measly. And SimCash is what the developers are trying to get you to buy with real money. 

Even though they do eventually deal with the cheaters, the people that should have won the top prizes are left with a lesser prize or even nothing. Their honest efforts and time are wasted by a company that is more about getting as much money out of us than dealing with an issue that is costing us money. 

I mentioned in another thread about this same topic that they need to withhold claiming of the prizes until the winners can be verified that they are legit. They also need to install into the game that automatically identifies someone that has tampered with the game to install hacks so that they are immediately banned and deleted from the system. I really don't think it is not possible to do this.

So far, it is not a serious problem for them because it isn't affecting their revenue, or this is why they keep coming up with new ideas to try to get us to spend money on the game. But why spend money on a game when you know you can lose quite easily to someone hacking the game and you will not recieve any compensation.

Message 2 of 5 (1,032 Views)

Hey there, @101Neutron.

Thanks for your concern. If you believe anyone is cheating, please submit their information to our Terms of Service team. From there, they'd be able to investigate the issue, and take action as appropriate.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 3 of 5 (1,004 Views)

★ Novice

@EA_Arrenai wrote:

Hey there, @101Neutron.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Hey there, @EA_Arrenai

Do you know how frustrating it is to receive the same canned response to an issue that EA is ignoring?  Telling us to get over it would make me hate EA customer support less.

Message 4 of 5 (826 Views)

Hey there, @Deepman01.

I know you're frustrated, I understand. The Terms of Service team is the only team that can investigate and action cheating, however, so reporting it outside of that team will likely get you similar responses.

Arrenai Cat

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 5 of 5 (776 Views)