Problem with the screen resolution

by Joixxxe

Original Post

Re: Problem with the screen resolution

★★★ Apprentice

To all on thread:

I have the same problem. I have a Samsung Tablet S8, with an AMOLED screen. The native resolution is 2560 x 1600. Running Android 6.0.1 operating system, Kernal 3.4.39-8965223.

I have closed down or uninstalled all apps that I did not care about on this device. Dis-abled automatic updating, so I could control that process. I do not use this device for calling, texting, music, taking videos or photos. Over half my memory is still available so I have plenty of resources for this game. 

When I first installed this game it ran perfectly. No issues with the speed in which this game played and graphics where awesome. This was over two years ago. Since then performance of this game has been reduced dramatically; probably due to added game features. It is not my device.

And before the community managers tell me to do this:

Reboot device, clear cache, force close, try another wifi connection, do not use a public wifi connection, back up your city and reinstall. I have tried all of this while connected to the wifi and when not. None of this works or makes the game resolution like it once was.

As you have already mentioned the icons at the commercial stores are incredibly large, while zoomed out they cover the whole building. While tapping on the trade depot the shelving unit holding the boxes for trade items almost fills the entire 8" screen. Same thing happens when tapping on the GTHQ's, the pop up menu is huge.

The viewing angle is completely different from an iPad. Lets say the maximum viewing angle is straight down on the city. No problem on both devices. But when attempting to flatten out this viewing angle the iPad can go to twice as far as the Samsung Tablet. That viewing angle on the Samsung device is still so steep that it makes it very hard to see any distance in your city. On the Apple device I can see half way across my city.

Is EA trying to use algorithm to separate different devices so that the same code can run on all? It seems to me that this gaming code should be different from a cell phone to tablet and then further separate the from IOS to an Android device. It sounds like they want one code for all devices.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe this algorithm that runs while starting the game installs/runs a different code for each device.

One thing for sure is that this game ran perfectly a long time ago but now, not so much.

sm-t701

Message 21 of 27 (3,531 Views)

★★ Novice

iOS 11 iPad pro

same issue. Gone from sharp easy to use icons to massive GIANT ICONS.  Not sure if there is a bug in the resolution detector but I don’t want to play a game on iPad as though it’s an iPhone game.

uninstalled!

Message 22 of 27 (3,386 Views)

★★★ Newbie

See I am unable to use full screen cannot even go for setting option

Message 23 of 27 (2,457 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok, turns out this problem has existed for some time now. If you are on Samsung you should disable game launcher. It basically adapts to the best resolution, which isnt always good. You can disable it by going to settings>apps, then to scroll down to game launcher and at the bottom click "disable". Thats all i can do to help

Message 24 of 27 (1,548 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just installed SIMCITY BUILDIT on my Samsung Phone Galaxy S20 FE 5G.

Everything is tiny - not fun. 

I never had this issue on all my other phones.

Please help.

Message 25 of 27 (970 Views)

★ Novice

7 years later, and this is still a problem

Message 26 of 27 (488 Views)

★★★ Novice

on Android the problem is with game launcher, mess with that and it should correct its self, 

Message 27 of 27 (396 Views)