Re: Please change the rules in a war for shields

by roccodonovan8

Original Post

Please change the rules in a war for shields

★★ Novice

Please make changes to wars on how long you can be under a shield. We lost two wars because the teams stayed under shield the few hours. It ruins the competition when a team can just hide under a shield instead of fighting. Ideas on how to make changes...all shields are lifted during last hour of war...Shields go away after a time period....only 5 teams can be under shield at one time...teams are penalized for staying under shield too long like minus 50 points every hour under shield...bonus points for not going under shield...bonus points for undoing a shield within a specific time. There needs to be a way for a team to still get points if the other team has everyone under a shield...maybe huge bonus points for the team that puts all players on the other team under shield? PLEASE change something. It is disappointing to have a whole team with ammo and ready to attack and the other team just hides under their shields.

Message 1 of 28 (4,148 Views)

★ Expert

Hi jerryskeg,

The vast majority of folks that have posted agree with you...if you go to the General Discussion section of the forum you will find the thread Club War Feedback and find some interesting posts worth reading. Thanks.

Message 2 of 28 (4,076 Views)

[ Edited ]

SimCity buildit 

Message 3 of 28 (4,050 Views)

★★★★ Novice

EA need to really address this, it’s happened in the last 3 wars we have played. Players staying under shield is making the game boring and I know a lot of people who will stop paying money to play. We just played a team that stayed under shield for over 35 hrs then in the last 10 mins they went under umbrellas and took the lead and we couldn’t even attack... while it’s a good strategy... it’s for whimps and is going to kill wars off. EA need to really address this ASAP. Either lost points under shield, automatic rebuild  with no war items and no shield allowed in the last 20mins. Make it interesting or I wouldn’t spend another dime and a lot more have the same feelings.

Message 4 of 28 (3,668 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I play on a team that uses this strategy.

on one hand I feel like it’s sort of lame, like never moving your pieces from the back row in checkers, but on the other hand IT’S CALLED STRATEGY.

stop being foolish enough to shield every single member on a team when they are in the lead and you won’t have this problem.

as for those complaining about teams coming out at the end with unbrellas, once again it is called strategy, that’s exactly what the umbrellas are for! I have qualms with that one.

my club has won 37 wars and only lost 4. We work together as a team, we communicate, and we STRATEGIZE, that’s the whole point. If a team is foolish enough to shield us when we are ahead that’s their fault not ours. Some teams we play against don’t put up much of a fight but some are awesome and it’s a battle of who can activate their boost or launch their attack fastest before getting blocked by the other team. It’s good fun. Learn to work together as a team and communicate and you’ll have less issues like this.

Message 5 of 28 (3,464 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I meant to reply to the main thread not your comment, sorry

Message 6 of 28 (3,462 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I play on a team that uses this strategy.
on one hand I feel like it’s sort of lame, like never moving your pieces from the back row in checkers, but on the other hand IT’S CALLED STRATEGY.
stop being foolish enough to shield every single member on a team when they are in the lead and you won’t have this problem.
as for those complaining about teams coming out at the end with unbrellas, once again it is called strategy, that’s exactly what the umbrellas are for! I have qualms with that one.
my club has won 37 wars and only lost 4. We work together as a team, we communicate, and we STRATEGIZE, that’s the whole point. If a team is foolish enough to shield us when we are ahead that’s their fault not ours. Some teams we play against don’t put up much of a fight but some are awesome and it’s a battle of who can activate their boost or launch their attack fastest before getting blocked by the other team. It’s good fun. Learn to work together as a team and communicate and you’ll have less issues like this.

Message 7 of 28 (3,446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

[Removed unkind comment - CM] 

That’s what you were TRYING to achieve there...trying to justify what you were doing and ARE doing is not “wrong”.

Well, let me assure you it is. Not only is it wrong, but completely cowardice!

In a real war, if the cowards hide behind heavily reinforced barriers, the offensive attackers simply deploy larger munitions that can decimate the structure. In a game like this where the developers in EA have their heads up their *...and consistently let this programing oversight go...it cannot be leveled with...IE: there is no way to “level the playing field”...

So, to again answer your “why we play like cowards is not ‘technically cowardice’”...let me assure you it IS and your club would have your rear ends handed to you frequently if you didn’t take advantage of such a blatant programing oversight.

Message 8 of 28 (3,403 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Roccodonovan8

The same happens to us FREQUENTLY due to our overall agressive style and powerful attack levels. (Levels like: LvL 6+ Mags [myself using lvl 8], LvL 5+ MM [myself using lvl 6].)

It is a MAJOR programing oversight that EA CONTINUES to just blow off. When its members/players that spend LOTS of money continue to tell them to fix this oversight...and are frequently IGNORED...it shows that the company, EA, ONLY cares about their profits and NOT about their players who keep the profits coming in!

As you can see, they employeed their shields till the very last few minutes of the war when we were all out of our shields ready to play for roughly 24 hours. Then while most of us had left the game due to them not ever showing ANY sign that they would ever come out from their shields....then they utalize the progaming oversight to THEIR advantage to prevent a severely potent a sswhooping from our team.

EA needs to do one or more of the following to remediate this issue:

• Place a time limit on base shields once domed. (ie.: Once domed, your base’s shield will only last 5-10 hours then you forfit any unrepaired war damages and your base becomes 12/12 again, ready to be attacked or attack.)
  • Place a point penalty on the shielded bases that remain under their shield for over 5 hours. (ie.: Every hour past 5 hours, the base earns a 50 or 100 point penalty off their Club’s total score. At the end of the war, penalty points should also be shown on the final score screen for each team.)
  • Reporting system that allows a club to report another club for violating “Fair Play Practices” which once verified, would result in punishement from EA in the form of a temporary to perm. war ban depending on the frequency and overall numbers of reports verified by EA staff and/or loss of points off their War Ranking.
  • Offer a BONUS of points to the team/Club that remains ready to attack/be attacked (un-shielded) the longest. (ie.: A bonus of 5,000-25,000 points to their total score depending on their Club’s War rank.)
  • Offer a BONUS to the players that remain un-shielded the most (by removing their shield within say 5 hours each time they are shielded/domed) in the range of 1,000-5,000+ depending on their Club’s War Rank and their overall positioning in the War battle (maybe by providing the best player points for the metal they receive for being ready to attack the most?)
  • Within the last 12-6 hours of war, a shield will only last for 5 hours.
  • Within the last 6-3 hours of war, a shield will only last for 3 hours.
  • Within the last 3 to war end, a shield will only last for 1 hour.

These types of implementations/improvements will level the battelfield and allow the War games to be played properly! Where a team cannot take advantage of programing oversight to win a war unfairly!

Message 9 of 28 (3,404 Views)

★ Guide

I am getting tired of all the complaining about the team's doming themselves as a stagety . It is one but they did not dome themselves,you did. Our team covers from Italty to Kansas, lot of time zones and different sleeping patterns. Have working 24 hour shifts but they all put in good points and are ready to fight.also have had holidays and deaths and operations to cover.we managed it.All players get to play and enjoy it. Find your own way around it. Quit complaining

Message 10 of 28 (3,401 Views)