Phone is hot playing SimCity buildit

by DingoTango

Original Post

Phone is hot playing SimCity buildit

★★★ Newbie

My iPhone becomes very hot while playing SimCity and battery drops soon which is abnormal among all my apps

Message 1 of 12 (4,568 Views)

Re: Phone is hot playing SimCity buildit

Community Manager

Hey @DingoTango it is quite common for a device to get warm and battery to take a hit if playing a game that is demanding on your phone.

It may be worth checking the specs for the game and comparing them to your phone. 

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 12 (4,545 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am using iphone 12 pro with the problems I issued. Also use HTC U11 and worse.

Obviously Simcity is very demanding but could someone suggest which phone is suitable for Simcity without burn issue. 

Message 3 of 12 (4,498 Views)

★ Expert

@DingoTango  I understand the convenience of the iPhone, but I suggest if possible invest in an iPad or a tablet. Your gameplay experience will be enhanced significantly. If this option isn’t feasible at this moment I suggest contacting Apple and see if they can offer any additional insights. My understanding is this has been a recurring theme and they may be better able to assist. Good luck.

Message 4 of 12 (4,485 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@DingoTango Obviously the game itself not optimized for phone. I had the same problem for iPhone 12 Pro which I believe the spec is more enough to run this game. I playing other action game like shooting, mobile legend (China version) which won’t make this phone even warm. I like the graphics from the game but is better to come out a setting for user to choose the graphics quality they want in order to solve this kind of issue.
Message 5 of 12 (3,752 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issue and I am on iPhone 12 Pro Max. Already contacted Apple and they say all good with the phone and asked me to contact EA. Every other game is just fine, only Simcity Buildit heats up the phone like crazy.

Message 6 of 12 (3,610 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same issue here. iPhone 13 Pro Max gets extremely hot after 5-10 minutes of gameplay. @EA_Darko, if this spec isn't enough for this game, then what is? I'm not experiencing this issue with any other games I play.

Message 7 of 12 (3,448 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@Capz9498 Same issue here
Message 8 of 12 (2,562 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The issue is still present on ios17. Ea really needs to correct the issue. 

Message 9 of 12 (1,199 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So I had 2 options on my grand prime: 1 was light version of simcity and this heavy version that I have on this phone. How do I downsize to light version cause game lag as well as overheating?

Better a simple game play than this freezing beautiful game/ animations offered only on certain devices.

Message 10 of 12 (1,028 Views)