Option to vote out president

by stevenjohnson83

Original Post

Option to vote out president

★★★ Newbie

Wouldn't it be great to have an option to vote out your president (just like in real life). The president of our club disappeared some months ago and it doesn't look like they are coming back.

It's very frustrating that we don't have control over certain things but we don't want we leave the club as we have worked hard to build up our war rank over the last 15 months

Message 1 of 5 (715 Views)

Re: Option to vote out president

★ Expert

@stevenjohnson83  I appreciate your position but your President paid the simcash up front and EA has elected to give them 12 months to return (potential liability concerns). They wouldn’t even remove our beloved President when she passed suddenly…even with proof they told us to have the family remove her from the club. Extremely rude and callous suggestion and quite frankly we wouldn’t do it. 
You have decisions to make - continue as is until your President has been gone for 12 months maintaining your war rank, search for a club you can merge with or join, or perhaps form a new club. Good luck.

Message 2 of 5 (693 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@PinnacleValley What happens after 12 months? Can they then be removed?
Message 3 of 5 (676 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@stevenjohnson83 Or alternatively if you decide to vote out the president you pay the same simcash and it goes to the current president. Removing the liability concerns and also prevents anyone trying to change the president unless they really want to
Message 4 of 5 (668 Views)

★ Expert

@stevenjohnson83  Sadly you can not just pay the SimCash and the liability goes away…there is an implied contract where the company “sold” an intangible asset to the President for a certain consideration and that asset now belongs to the President. They can not just add 25 simcash to their account and take possession…the President has taken time, energy and effort in developing this resource and has effectively added value to the asset. The world just doesn’t work that way…and that’s where the liability aspect comes into play.

My suggestion is contact technical support and explain the circumstances and share what has happened and start the clock. Historically they have stated 12 months before the President can be removed. There could be multiple reasons why the President has not played in some time…work related issues, medical concerns both personal or family, device issues that they haven’t been economically able to replace yet, or many other personal reasons beyond just quitting the game. I recognize this does not make a lot of since but these are factors the company must consider. At the end of 12 month period contact technical support and request removal again…but that’s 100% on you.

I have never understood this fear of losing war rank…if you got there before you can get there again. Of course it’s more effort, but so what…it’s simply a game intended to provide entertainment value. You’re in a difficult situation as I recognize the obstacles faced with no President and quite honestly I don’t understand how a club can effectively function. As I shared before you have decisions to make…it doesn’t matter how you got here, it’s how effectively you move forward.

Message 5 of 5 (654 Views)