Re: Omega Update - Rare items

by Restville

Original Post

Omega Update - Rare items

★ Apprentice

So I have mixed feelings about the update. My main issue is that even after using £7.99 of my hard earned cash to buy 550 Simcash to speed up the Omega Lab and Omega Research centre, I'm finding that the some items are so rare, I doubt whether they will drop at all. 

EA, why have you added another layer of BS to the game? I can't increase my Omega storage (and yes, I realise that you also need free City Storage as well), I'm maxed out on available space to build more Omega homes, the upgrade requirements for the Omega homes are frankly ridiculous!! (never mind not having enough free Omega storage) the one item I need hasn't appeared in the Neomall, so I'm unlikely to increase my storage unless I use more Simcash, I'm not paying anymore of my hard earned cash for this BS, once bitten, twice shy.

So EA, get it sorted, stop pushing people through a paywall just to enjoy what was once.... a great game. Make it so you can at least trade Omega items with other players or put them up for sale in the Global Trade HQ so when you do fill up your storage, you can decide what to keep and what to sell.

Peace out

Message 1 of 23 (5,765 Views)

★ Guide

and when visiting the NeoMall be sure to pick up a mountain expansion token for the reasonable price of 4000 NeoSims...

Just now they had Sugar & spice for sale and it was the second most expensive piece there...

Really?

Message 2 of 23 (5,727 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Items are too expensive for the amount of neosims you can earn in a day. It will take forever to buy a medium drone or controlnet. Got to be a way to get more neosims faster, without cheating!
Message 3 of 23 (5,719 Views)

★ Apprentice

The prices are all over the place, unlocks for Japanese/French/English homes or mountain/beach unlocks are cheaper in the Global Trade HQ.

Seems to me that this is a very poorly thought out update. How many different types of "currency" do you need in a game???

Message 4 of 23 (5,662 Views)

★ Novice

I agree with the comments about the Omega upgrade, there is no way to sell excess items either unlike the normal trading items, at least then you could earn decent cash

Message 5 of 23 (3,431 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been playing since this game came out.  I'm seriously considering quitting since the new Omega cash grab.  It's clearly nothing more than a system devised to force players to dump huge amounts of cash to improve this portion of the city.  Everything is far too expensive, items needed are incredibly rare and who ever heard of paying to increase the capacity of your financial institution?  This entire update has been a very calculated move to extract $$ from players.  I don't mind the occasional in game purchase, but the Omega Items in particular are so over priced, and outrageous, that if you do invest a little in your game, it essentially gets you nowhere.  Doubling the price of every utility needed?  That's BS!  It takes days as it is to purchase the first utility, AFTER upgrading your bank that is.  I'm about done with this.  You've taken a great game and a very cool update and turned it into a miserable experience.  When the challenge become so great that you can't reach the goals, it's time to quit.  I played this for fun, and it's not fun anymore. 

Message 6 of 23 (2,930 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Same here. Have been playing since game first released.

I concur that this Omega non sense is just that: Mpney grab. I needed a hover board to increase capacity. Couldn't buy it (never on sale in Neo mall), could make it (storage full), couldn't use it (yes, tried multiple "new plans", none helped, all my upgrades needed more than I had - I suppose I could keep laying down Omega plots).

But my frustration isn't with the Omega stuff (I only deal with it for the mayor challenges): It's the ever racheting of cheetah pieces to make a token. I now need 20 of them. When it reaches 21, I'm done with the game.

Cheetah tokens are required to be competitive in Mayor challenges (competitive in terms of having ANY CHANCE at the top six spots in Megalopolis). And the more tokens I use, the harder it is to make another one.

At least the storage expansion capped at 30 (except needing 35 for the 10 to 500). Can you imagine if the storage kept racheting up? We'd need more than 50 of each ... insane ... !
Message 7 of 23 (2,907 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I wholeheartedly agree.

This new update is absolutely ridiculous. I understand making it challenging for players to achieve the good stuff but REALLY!! And no outlet to sell unwanted items or buy items that you cant find yourself. Not to mention the cost or the research facility OMG. If id known it was going to be like this I would have just left it well alone and focused on my epic's. I honestly don't think EA thought about this properly.

EA here are some ideas to fix this.

1. Since you are all about useless buildings in the OMEGA update, give us a NEO trade HQ to buy and sell Neo items at our own cost not 4000N$ for one item.

2. Give us a platform where we can trade items between mayors.

3. Lower the cost to research Neo items (even just by half)

4. Change the 10 000N$ cost of utilities to gold or platinum keys.

And wile we are on the topic of ideas. EA the global trade HQ should be categorized and we should be able to text input what we are looking for ie: if I'm looking only for upgrade parts I should be able to search that in the GTHQ via text inst of refreshing one page over and over for days on end hoping my luck will change.

Come on EA listen to your loyal supporters!!!!

Message 8 of 23 (2,651 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I vis Neo as a village or an added country. What I don't like is the game sets prices on items, decides what you can sell. I just kick back and pretend it's slots!

Message 9 of 23 (2,595 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Agree

Message 10 of 23 (2,593 Views)