No Streetlights, etc. when playing on Android Tablet

by lasocalpride

Original Post

No Streetlights, etc. when playing on Android Tablet

★★★ Newbie

I'm playing on ASUS MeMO Pad 7 LTE with Android version 4.4.4, and there are no streetlights, no traffic lights, and no streetwalkers in my game.

When I go on this game on my iPhone 6 running on iOS 9, I see that there are streetlights, traffic lights, and streetwalkers in the game, and even some shadows, which the graphics look better on my iPhone 6 than my ASUS tablet.

Is there a way I can add streetlights, traffic lights, and streetwalkers in my game on my ASUS tablet, because I cannot transfer my game progress from what I do on my ASUS tablet which is under my Google Play account to my iPhone, and I've done everything on my ASUS tablet, and also I cannot update my tablet to a more later version of Android, since version 4.4.4 is the latest I can get on my ASUS tablet, Thank You. 

Message 1 of 7 (4,672 Views)

Re: No Streetlights, etc. when playing on Android Tablet

Community Manager (retired)

Hi @lasocalpride,

Long story short in order to optimize the game's performance, some features are deactivated on certain devices.  If you want more information about the performance check performed by the game, a very detailed answer from the tech support team has been shared in this post. It's actually a very interesting read. Hope that will answer all your questions.

Message 2 of 7 (4,612 Views)

★★★ Novice

I know the post is marked as solved but as an owner of an ASUS ZenPad with an Intel CPU and PowerVR GPU I wasn't satisfied with EA's excuse of a response; so I've fixed it myself and now have full shadows, streetlights, traffic lights, all the vehicles and Sims running around and all it took was copying one file onto my device.

The file in question is benchmark.txt and that file lives in the simcity install folder next to dynamic_new.txt and dynamic_old.txt. All you need to do is get a copy from a device where all of the above works and replace the one on your device. I took mine from a Nexus 7 (2012) and as soon as stated the game everything worked.

Notes:

• My device is rooted, not sure if you will need yours rooted for this to work or not.
  • You will likely need to repeat this each time there is an update as the benchmark will run again.

I'll try and upload my benchmark.txt later but please give it a go and leave feedback.

Starfury Shang of Shangsville

Message 3 of 7 (4,176 Views)

Message 4 of 7 (4,105 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can you Reply the TXT file ? Please.

Message 5 of 7 (3,261 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It worked! Thank you man. I've been trying to look for some solution in ages and I never thought its that easy.

Thank you again.

Message 6 of 7 (3,114 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thx for ur help. Lost the Graphics Features after an Update and now All Works find again only by copy and Paste.

Message 7 of 7 (3,062 Views)