Re: New update for roads is terrible

by Chaffin94

Original Post

New update for roads is terrible

★★★ Newbie
I couldn't hekp but notice there was an update to the road system which is extremely annoying. After saving $300k in my 290,000 person city suddenly one by one my roads turned red and sucked it all down to $10k in an amount of time that is impossible to keep up with. Now I have red roads with no money.

After reading other complaints it seems that when I have the money to upgrade this red road that's other road will go red. meaning that all I'm going to be doing is upgrading roads for days and days.

No thanks, that's no fun. Delete.
Message 1 of 25 (3,875 Views)

★ Apprentice

had £700k, decided to upgrade nearly every road but, before finishing, ended up with £3000.

Designed to make you spend real cash!

Message 2 of 25 (3,784 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Agreed. All of a sudden, I have to spend 200k to upgrade roads that were fine before this "improvement". EA, why didn't you just delete 200k from our accounts? It would have been simpler and less infuriating. It's hard to see me playing this game any further. This is a horrible "upgrade". Also, the Dr. Vu "improvements" add nothing to the game except more expense. Oh, and the eternally wretched trade center is now filled with useless Dr. Vu items. Congrats EA; it took multiple tries but you've finally killed this game. Is there anyway to reinstall the previous version? I use an iPad.
Message 3 of 25 (3,671 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes! It is so bad. Getting any golden keys is a pain now too. I hate this upgrade!
Message 4 of 25 (3,577 Views)

★ Novice

how and where do I find this? help

Message 5 of 25 (3,521 Views)

★ Novice
I have spent over §700,000 in a little over a week on road upgrades.
Message 6 of 25 (3,111 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I do not like this new roads update. I had over $400000 saved up and now every time I start this game up i have to keep upgrading the roads and now only have $26000 and sims are moving out! I have more roads to upgrade but cost is $46000!!! Thanks for ruining my fun......
Message 7 of 25 (3,089 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
It is EA'S way to get you to spend real money for an advertised "free" game. I'm holding a sale on items. If an update doesn't fix this by Wednesday (I gave them a week to fix it), I'm deleting the game. Looking for bargains, you'll know me by my new name ;-)!
Message 8 of 25 (3,084 Views)

★ Apprentice
Don't upgrade the road. Just destroy and rebuild it
Message 9 of 25 (2,816 Views)

★★★★ Novice

destroying the road does you no good it will just need upgrading again 24 hours later....and after you upgrade that one another one will need upgrading.  Every road has to be upgraded like 4-5 times is total *...

Message 10 of 25 (2,807 Views)