Re: Multiple devices

by Alodar101

Original Post

Multiple devices

★★ Newbie

Can I play the same simcity buildit game on more than one device (tablet & phone android)

Message 1 of 5 (7,107 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

You absolutely can @Ogadoo.

First, make sure you've saved your city online. Then complete the game tutorial on your new device. The option to connect online will appear. Log on to the account where your city is stored and it will automatically load up on your device.

For more information, make sure to check the FAQ

Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 5 (7,065 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was finally able to get this to work.  It only worked in a specific condition though.  I tested it several times and each time it worked..across multiple devices.....I did NOT text is on a phone though.

• Have a Facebook account ready
  • Have the city you are wanting to share, ready to go
  • In the city, go to settings and login to facebook
  • if you have no other city save, nothing will happen...but your city will be saved
  • you can confirm this in facebook settings for apps....you will see the city saved there

Now this is the tricky part...the part they do NOT explain in the FAQs weil.

• I was ONLY able to get this to work from a new city.  That means you must install the game, compete the tutorial, and no further.  Then, go to settings and login with face book.  you will be prompted for the city.  It should be in list.
  • Of all the times I've tried, it NEVER worked with an existing city present on the device you want to add your saved city to.  It ONLY worked from the tutorial.
  • If you try to add your saved city on a device with an existing city, you may see the message, This account is already used...or something similar.  From the tutorial city, this will not happen.  

If you have an existing city on a device and you want to add a city saved in FACEBOOK

• I was never able to get this to work without removing the app and data, and going through the tutorial again.
  • There was an option to log out of facebook, and choose another city.  As long as you do NOT choose to save that city, then there is no conflict.  The minute you attempt to save online, you get the message.  Apparently , 1 account, 1 city.
  • Having multiple cities per devices requires the first city always be the saved from online.  The link with that city must come first.

I've read variations of this for years.  All the info above, has been published before.  However, I think its in the order of the performance.  Tutorial -> Login to Facebook -> Connect to saved city.  It only ever worked in that order

I now have my 2 yr old city on 3 devices.  

Message 3 of 5 (4,349 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Alodar101 I don't even have the option to connect it to Facebook
Message 4 of 5 (3,820 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Zoe I have no option to log in anywhere?
Message 5 of 5 (3,819 Views)