More traffic

by MaRc05_T

Original Post

More traffic

★★★ Novice

My city with over 360 thousand people only has a few hundred cars on the street. It makes it look abandoned DC67AFBA-755D-4D0D-ADA4-2A730516DBDE.jpegI mean look at the city it looks abandoned 

Message 1 of 5 (801 Views)

Re: More traffic

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hello @MaRc05_T 

Have you added a Department of Transportation? If so, have you added modes of Transportation? Your coverage should appear something like this with all residential buildings covered: 

(Image attached)

*Your citizens also need places to go. Beach, Mountain, Gambling, Education, etc.

Message 2 of 5 (782 Views)

★★★ Guide

@MaRc05_T your screen shot was also taken at night when your city will naturally have less traffic. How does it look during the day?

Message 3 of 5 (715 Views)

★★★ Novice

here is the city in the day7D3472E0-CDDC-4B24-8206-42C3329CA91D.jpeg

Message 4 of 5 (694 Views)

★ Expert

@MaRc05_T  In real cities the majority of traffic is generated by commerce (going to and from work, school, shopping, entertainment, etc.). To make a clear assessment we would need to see the right hand side of your city, but my guess is that you’re in the early stages of developing your business district and as you focus your energy in that direction as well as introducing higher education facilities you will see a substantial upswing in traffic.

One suggestion I offer is eliminate unnecessary roundabouts and dead ends as soon as you can...early on is no problem, but as your city grows you really want free flowing roads to eliminate bottlenecks and expensive headaches. Good luck with your city.

Message 5 of 5 (683 Views)