Re: Maxis Manor

by stillstav

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

And you are seeing that discrepancy ONLY because Vu pieces are being held so people can do disasters.  I, and everyone else, are tossing those Beach and Mountain pieces onto the market since we have little, or no, interest in expanding either.

Message 11 of 27 (2,752 Views)

★★ Guide

@bettysadog wrote:

@DestroyISIS wrote:

As for the lack of getting certain Vu pieces, I've not seen any real issue, I compare it to getting Beach or Mountain pieces, just random hit-or-miss.

For me, beach and mountain pieces show up about 6 to 7 places in the Market every time I go to a new screen. In fact just recently I bought my way to a beach expansion and it took me about 15 minutes to purchase 54 pieces, because they are so available. Like I said, Vu pieces have literally disappeared.

I believe he was referring to the obtaining of Vu items through opinion bubbles and neighbor visits and not about Market availability.

Message 12 of 27 (2,751 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@bettysadog wrote:
Does it function as all 3 services at the same time or just 1 that you choose? Because if you could buy 1 maxis and it functions as police, fire & health at the same time, then it would be a good deal, right?

It functions as all 3 simultaneously. 

All you really gain is space, what used to take 4x2 tiles times 3 separate buildings, now just needs 2x2 tiles. Not a big gain, but it can enable your city to be much better aesthetically.

Message 13 of 27 (2,736 Views)

★★ Guide

@DocVu wrote:

All you really gain is space, what used to take 4x2 tiles times 3 separate buildings, now just needs 2x2 tiles. Not a big gain, but it can enable your city to be much better aesthetically.

The gain is five 2x2 spaces across 1/4 of the entire map.  That would give 20 2x2 spaces across the entire map.  Another 20 2x2 spaces across the map is 20 more residential areas and could make for a rather substantial population increase.  Although you could functionally use that space for anything.  This is just an example.  I think it's a rather big gain when you consider the affect on the entire map and having 4 maxis manor's covering the map.

Message 14 of 27 (2,730 Views)

★ Guide

@SomeSimGuy wrote:

@DocVu wrote:

The gain is five 2x2 spaces across 1/4 of the entire map.  That would give 20 2x2 spaces across the entire map.  Another 20 2x2 spaces across the map is 20 more residential areas and could make for a rather substantial population increase.  Although you could functionally use that space for anything.  This is just an example.  I think it's a rather big gain when you consider the affect on the entire map and having 4 maxis manor's covering the map.

so compared to having one each of a fire, police and hospital, which is going to provide better coverage and lower cost?

and in english this time...

Message 15 of 27 (2,726 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@bettysadog wrote:

so compared to having one each of a fire, police and hospital, which is going to provide better coverage and lower cost?

Maxis Manor will provide the best coverage.  It covers exactly 1/4 of the map.  4 of them can cover the entire map if it's placed in exactly the right place to reach exactly 1/4 of the map.  If I ever get to the point of having 4, you can bet I'm in for a city reconstruction to get it in the right place.  

It replaces all 3, Fire, Police and Hospital with a single building.  Each of those also covers exactly 1/4 of the map, but it is impossible to place all 3 in the exact same place so you're always lacking a little coverage somewhere.  Maxis manor fixes that since it's all 3 of those in one building that takes up less space.

Now which provides the better coverage at a lower cost.  Since they all provide the exact same amount of coverage.....  The lower cost would be to have all 3, Fire, Police and Hospital because they cost simoleons which is easy to get where Maxis manor takes simcash.  Unless you actually want to spend real money to get it quickly, which I do not.

In my city I'm doing things a little differently for now.  Instead of having a Large Fire Department, Large Hospital and a Large Police Precinct, I have the Fire Department and Hospital, but to cover the same area I'm using 4 police stations and not making use of the large Police Precinct.  So, in my case, Having one Maxis Manor will open up 7 places I could put residential buildings rather than 5 if I had a Large Police Precinct covering the same area.

Hopefully that was english enough for you. Standard smile

Message 16 of 27 (2,724 Views)

★ Guide

@SomeSimGuy wrote:

@bettysadog wrote:

Maxis Manor will provide the best coverage.  It covers exactly 1/4 of the map.  4 of them can cover the entire map if it's placed in exactly the right place to reach exactly 1/4 of the map.  If I ever get to the point of having 4, you can bet I'm in for a city reconstruction to get it in the right place.  

It replaces all 3, Fire, Police and Hospital with a single building.  Each of those also covers exactly 1/4 of the map, but it is impossible to place all 3 in the exact same place so you're always lacking a little coverage somewhere.  Maxis manor fixes that since it's all 3 of those in one building that takes up less space.

Now which provides the better coverage at a lower cost.  Since they all provide the exact same amount of coverage.....  The lower cost would be to have all 3, Fire, Police and Hospital because they cost simoleons which is easy to get where Maxis manor takes simcash.  Unless you actually want to spend real money to get it quickly, which I do not.

In my city I'm doing things a little differently for now.  Instead of having a Large Fire Department, Large Hospital and a Large Police Precinct, I have the Fire Department and Hospital, but to cover the same area I'm using 4 police stations and not making use of the large Police Precinct.  So, in my case, Having one Maxis Manor will open up 7 places I could put residential buildings rather than 5 if I had a Large Police Precinct covering the same area.

Hopefully that was english enough for you. Standard smile

Yes thank you

Message 17 of 27 (2,711 Views)

★ Guide

One more question. When talking about map coverage, are you including all the expansion areas or just the original 50 x 50?

Message 18 of 27 (2,710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@bettysadog wrote:

One more question. When talking about map coverage, are you including all the expansion areas or just the original 50 x 50?

4 manors won't cover everything if you've opened the extra 12 land expansions that came last Christmas; I get a gap of 10 tiles in the middle of my map between the two manors I have so far. And that's with 4 additional uncovered tiles on the left and 3 uncover tiles on the right side of my map where i keep buildings that don't require coverage. So over all it's 17 tiles short of the full width. 

Message 19 of 27 (14,046 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So, yes the Maxis Manor is very expensive.  Only the first one costs 1000.  The second one costs 2000, the third 4000 and although I am not 100% positive, I am going to assume that the 4th one will cost 8000.  In order to get all 4, that will be right around $200.

When I first bought the Manor, I would get one Vu piece offered for sale (random) every 24 hours.  The price would also fluctuate up and down, so it wasn't like a steady price increase.  However, after I purchased the second Manor, each building produces a Vu item seemingly every 48 hours.  I will assume this is because they don't actually want you to get keys quite so fast.  It's a nerf, it sucks and it makes all of us that sometimes drop cash on this game feel that more reticent to do so in the future.

Message 20 of 27 (2,648 Views)