Re: Magnetism Cheaters are Ruining the game

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Magnetism Cheaters are Ruining the game

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hello guys,

We have all seen magnetism cheaters over and again. In the past, our club would just tolerate cheater clubs and move on. But this thing is becoming repetitive and so profound that every second war, we are facing cheaters. Non-stop magnetism attacks, crazy amounts of score, crazy amounts of war resources. It is really not rocket science to judge whether a club is clean or full of cheaters.

Me and my club members have been reporting such clubs but seriously, what does it take to ban such clubs in time? Why does it take so much time for EA to act? What sort of proof would satisfy them to believe whether a club is playing clean or cheating?

Last night we got matched against this club that had 20 players ranging from level 20 to 90ish. ALL members had their favorite attack as magnetism. ALL had unbelievable average war scores. We knew the moment we saw their scores, "Here comes another cheater club".

I immediately sent a report to EA and I believe my other club-mates sent one too. EA had 10 hours to respond to the report. But just the generic automatic email replies and nothing. Just in the first hour of the war, we are looking at 500,000+ score and our whole team dead. Just tell me what sort of war resources are required to put down such a ridiculous war score? Is too tough to understand that they are cheating? Just see the screenshot ..

So EA is going to investigate ... how long? 10 hours before the war started and then throughout the war, we are simply getting beaten up while EA is "investigating". What really is EA investigating? What mystery is EA trying to solve here? If you do not have enough work-force to monitor cheaters, then employ more work-force. But seriously, it is ridiculous that you need more than 48 hours to figure out that someone is cheating.

How long do you think your "customers" are going to wait? What sort of patience do you expect from your honest players? To me, I'm done with this cheater-infested game. I'm not spending a dime until EA takes ownership of their game and kicks the cheaters out. I used to regularly buy Premium Pass but this time didn't feel like even spending $5 for the pass. I will now just play at a slacking pace, without worrying about wars, contests or anything else.

EA, your customers want a faster solution. The moment a club is reported, we expect to see some action within a few hours, not in a few days. What is the point of kicking out the cheaters once they are done the damage? What purpose does it serve to a club that is playing honestly? Your investigation is not worth anything if it is done 15 days later.

[Removed by CM]

Message 1 of 34 (6,479 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @dotartworks, please do not accuse any other users of cheating as doing so is technically a breach of the AHQ User Rules and Guidelines.

From here on out, any naming of users and accusing them of cheating will be actioned.

If you are in-game and suspect a user of cheating then please report them by following the steps in this link: https://help.ea.com/en-tr/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

We take all reports very seriously and will fully investigate.

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 34 (6,341 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

Community Manager

Hey @dotartworks, please do not accuse any other users of cheating as doing so is technically a breach of the AHQ User Rules and Guidelines.

From here on out, any naming of users and accusing them of cheating will be actioned.

If you are in-game and suspect a user of cheating then please report them by following the steps in this link: https://help.ea.com/en-tr/help/faq/report-players-for-cheating-abuse-and-harassment/

We take all reports very seriously and will fully investigate.

Darko

Darko.png
Message 2 of 34 (6,342 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@dotartworks - Check out this post: https://answers.ea.com/t5/SimCity-BuildIt-General/SCBI-amp-Cheating/m-p/8987932#M14643 for more info and feel free to join the discussion (following the rules listed)

Message 3 of 34 (6,326 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not just magnetism.... We just played a team where everybody on the other team scored at least 2.5x what they normally score... One even scored 7x their normal score. And we have lost so many games ( wars ) to cheaters that I am done. I may still play the game, but EA will see no more of my money. Zero, nada, zip....

Message 4 of 34 (5,623 Views)

★★★ Guide
@PapaDeuce1962 Hehehe. We do the same. We do feeder wars and it keeps our scores way down, all legal as its allowed
Message 5 of 34 (5,605 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Duckups when you say "feeder wars", you mean you split up in 2 team and do war with your own people like you mentioned before? Or you mean collect war supplies against hackers instead of reporting them...?

Message 6 of 34 (5,599 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SummitVista3310 Both. I get I use the wrong term here, cause we call fighting in another group feeding.

Hackers help feed for sure.

We just won the war in our main in 7 hours

We crushed em, then their 4 only scorers got booted, and then they took the KO. Sounds like the last one, but not the same war

We knew they were hackers cause we knew one of them from a previous war where they got booted, she found extra hackers to join.
she wouldnt talk to us this time. She knew what was coming and was mad, but she admitted they were hackers last time. We got a screen shot.

We are pretty thorough when we do this.

Getting high enough seems to be key. Also the hardest to do.

EA needs to do more all around, but guessing they are very busy. Or I hope so

Message 7 of 34 (5,581 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Duckups  It’s not wrong, each clubs use each own words. I wasn’t sure what your “feeding war” is, so thank you for clarifying.

I thought you are still in the middle of war according to your last post, your previous war with those intense 4 hackers. 

You mean one of those 4 moved to another club and accidentally you matched up again...? So you didn’t report your previous war hackers but you reported them this time, and they got banned? If so, glad your report is working again. 

Message 8 of 34 (5,559 Views)

★★★ Guide
@SummitVista3310 Knew it may throw you. 2 separate wars.

Second war was 4 other hackers, none we talked about.

We saw one city from a totally different club we fought before. She moved, and wasnt booted. But 4 others were booted that one too. She yelled a lot in discord.

We met her new team, got their only 4 attackers booted. And they stayed down for a knockout in 7 hours

2 wars, 8 hackers. 4 booted.

Report at start. One was 100 percent a hacker, but wasnt attacking or booted. Level 4 mag, 110k avg
Message 9 of 34 (5,547 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Duckups Oh I see.  I missunderstood you finished your 2nd war when you said "won the war in 7 hours", but you meant you knocked them down. It seems some of them are unbubbled. 

Interesting you communicate with hackers on discord. Hope she won't try to recruit you to the hacker world. lol

So what's the difference with the 1st and 2nd war? They are both obvious hackers, you always report at the start but you didn't report the 1st one. Because the 1st one told you to let you win?

Message 10 of 34 (5,541 Views)