Land expansión and lack of Dozer parts! Help please!

by TiagoRIP112

Original Post

Land expansión and lack of Dozer parts! Help please!

★★★ Newbie
I am now level 31 and have 390,000 sims living in my city. I have had lots of fun expanding my city and making IT my own, but I have hit a road block! I last expanded a piece of land 3 weeks ago, and in that time have only acquired 1 ( yes, ONE) dozen blade. I have 15 exhausts and 15 wheels, and have been selling the excess for weeks. When I go to the trade depot, I can never find a blade, and when I do, it has already been bought by the time I get to the other city......WHAT CAN I DO, THIS IS BEGINING TO GET BORING......Frown
Message 1 of 17 (28,459 Views)

Re: Land expansión and lack of Dozer parts! Help please!

★ Novice
What you can do is get your wallet out and pay for the dozer blades. You didn't expect to be able to play indefinitely for free did you?
Message 2 of 17 (28,365 Views)

★★★ Newbie

True, a pay to play obstacle was expected, but I thought it would happen earlier. I have worked for a while on my city, am level 27 and have nearly 300k people. 

I got through the major price blocks (police, hospital, fire, gambling HQ, etc), but am now out of space. I won't be spending money to expand my city, so I will eventually stop playing. This makes for less robust play environment for others, if there are fewer decently high level players, there are less interesting resources for sale on the market.

I think the problem with this is that it seems so fabricated. All of sudden they stop giving out a certain resource, in this case Dozer Blades. Seems very manipulative, doesn't give me a good taste in my mouth.

Message 3 of 17 (28,357 Views)

Hero (Retired)
Create a brand new GameCentre/Google Play/Facebook account
Use this new account to start a brand new city.
Spend 30-45 minutes playing through the tutorial then getting your new city up to level 8/9 and a 10,000+ population.
Hit the GTHQ. Because of your low level all you'll see is storage capacity items, metal, plastic, wood and land expansion items.
Buy all the dozen blades you need then sell them to your main city.

I speak from personal experience when I say it works a treat.
Message 4 of 17 (28,356 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

How do you sell things specifically to your "main city". If the 2nd city puts these objects in the GTHQ, they can be grabbed by anyone - right? So how can I ensure that those items only go to my other city?

Message 5 of 17 (27,895 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@JoshMcCullough_1 wrote:

How do you sell things specifically to your "main city". If the 2nd city puts these objects in the GTHQ, they can be grabbed by anyone - right? So how can I ensure that those items only go to my other city?

As long as you don't click on the blue "advertise" button when putting items up for sale in your GTHQ, then the only people who'll be able to see the items are people in your friends list. If you only have your main city as a friend to your secondary city, then there should be no way anybody else gets the stuff.
Message 6 of 17 (27,882 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ah, makes sense. Thanks!

Message 7 of 17 (27,879 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@SurlyCodger So I created a new Google+/play profile, "friended" from both directions, and connected one to my main profile, one to the new profile. However, I only see Daniel's city to visit! What's the deal? Any pointers?

Message 8 of 17 (27,871 Views)

★★★★ Novice
The amount of money in Canadian or american dollars that it costs to expand is rediculous. If I wanted to expand with really money by buying dozer blades and muffelers it would cost hundreds of dollars.

They should make a deal where it costs $15 and you open up the map.

Right now the cost is unbalanced its not worth putting really money into the game.
Message 9 of 17 (27,808 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@JoshMcCullough_1 wrote:

@SurlyCodger So I created a new Google+/play profile, "friended" from both directions, and connected one to my main profile, one to the new profile. However, I only see Daniel's city to visit! What's the deal? Any pointers?

I play on Apple devices so not 100% certain on that. Has your secondary city reached 10,000 population and unlocked the GTHQ? Only thing I can think of at the moment off the top of my head unless any Google players know of any fixes.
Message 10 of 17 (27,805 Views)