Lag since winter 2017 update

by MayorModel

Original Post

Re: Lag since winter 2017 update

★★★★ Apprentice

Over half my club have stopped playing.  Mix of Android or IOS phones and tablets, some people the app crashes constantly, others the game sits frozen for 3 to 5 minutes, and then is playable sort of... with about 1 to 2 second delay anytime you tap on nearly anything.

No solutions, and no improvement in speed after the snow flakes left.

Short answer, take a break for a few weeks or months, maybe someone at EA will wake up.  Otherwise this game is dead.

Message 21 of 38 (1,872 Views)

Re: SimCity Build It crashing

★ Apprentice

I was lucky not to be bothered by the crashing issue but the lagging is driving me and my club members crazy.  We have many different devices but this new lag is bothering us all. Every aspect of the game is effected by this new problem. I’m on a new iPad which was blazing fast before but is now lagging worse than any device I’ve used to play with since starting this game more than three years ago. I’m at level 82 and this may be the end for me unless this gets fixed. 

Message 22 of 38 (1,826 Views)

★★ Novice
Yup. Me too. So sticky. It's now a really unpleasant gaming experience. The only reason I'm still playing is in the hope that EA fixes it. I keep checking for an update. You'd think they'd be decent enough to acknowledge the problem and at least let us know they're working to fix it. Otherwise I can see myself quitting the game completely - a real shame cos I think it's a nice game.
Message 23 of 38 (1,820 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My samsung s5 started to lagg also wjen scrolling. So i bought a samsumg s8. It is even worse lagging with everytjing. Not even 1 week old mobile. The answers we get. Are realy not satisfying. It is so anoying to play this game now. Ea games should re consider sometjing about the programming. It csn mot be right all the laagging. When scrolling. When trading. Emding buying wrong stuff. And so on and so on. . -- PS THIS IS A BUILD GAME. NOT A WAR GAME. PEOPLE ARE GETTING KICKED FROM CLUBS. BECAUSE THEY ONLY PLAY THE BUILD PART. AND EXPAND TJE WAREHOUSE A LOT FOR EVERYBODY. for free. So they can play end expand their town. People getting so stuck because tjey can not hold their otems + war + expansion items we van not anymore do the leaque chalenge. Npt more expand. Not realy play the game at all. Specialy becausr of the laag and expecting us to play war without warehouse compensating. Ea game is ruining the game. Not fixing the problems. I play witj almost no apps instaæled other
Than factory. I can not even have a widget installed because ea game thinks they have to take over my mobile. Since i can not play tje game without laagg. ea games something is wrong. A lot of things are wrong. Fix them please. And make this tje build game it was
Message 24 of 38 (1,803 Views)

Hitching/Stuttering in SimCity BuildIt

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice
Are you guys ever going to fix this? A TON of people are complaining about it. You’ve seen the posts here about it. Are you even going to address the problem? Or do you not care as long as purchases of simcash keep rolling in?

I’m encouraging everyone here to stop all purchases related to SimCity BuildIt until they actually acknowledge and start doing something about it.

Vote with your wallets people. Show them we are not happy and want this game fixed.

Sincerely,

A person who’s played this game since 2014.
Message 25 of 38 (1,720 Views)

Re: Hitching/Stuttering in SimCity BuildIt

★ Guide

I have been having same problem,been here forever.saved city to Facebook and Google play,uninstalled,went through tutorial,all the way until it gave me choice of what game 

I wanted. City back to normal, no lags, no stalls, even graphics look better. Love it.

Message 26 of 38 (1,692 Views)

Re: Hitching/Stuttering in SimCity BuildIt

★★★ Newbie
Dude they cheat so people don't come in 1st place during mayors contest. This game is rigged
Message 27 of 38 (1,688 Views)

Re: lag

★★★ Newbie
I bought a samsung 8. Because i thought my old samsung 5 was to slow for the game. Put extra 64 gb sd ram in it. The only app i installed other than watsup was simcity build it. And the game laaagggs so much. Maybe even more than with my old mobile. I tryed to set the resolution down to minimum. It help a little. But stil far from enough. I say if we can not play this game any more. And it also seems like the war thing is not been removed. Then there realy is no porpurse to contimuing playing. It has now given me the expence of buying a totaly new phone. The old one was fast enough. But the game is not. Let this be a warning to everybody. It does not help at all. To buy the newest top mobile. EA games knows the problem is there but does nothing to remove the problem. . They are just hoping we all like a very laaagggy game that was not a wargame. But now it is not a build game it is a wargame. More wargame than other wargames i have played. I have played wargames that cost you to much to make attacs. So you builded in stead. And lol. We realy dont win much that we can use for expanding the population of the town. It is more like use 200.000 silmones to get some weapon cards. So you next war need to use more silmones. Because the enemy also gets stronger all the time. And you die. Because in the meantime you laaaaged so much you pressed wrong button.
Message 28 of 38 (1,700 Views)

EA SPORTS FC Team

Hi Everyone, I've merged some of the existing topics about lagging and crashing to keep all reports in one place.

I would like to thank all of you for reporting the issues that your are experiencing with lag/latency and crashing on all devices. We are aware of these issues and we aim to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

Jason.png
Message 29 of 38 (1,677 Views)

[ Edited ]

Simcitybuildit 

Message 30 of 38 (1,659 Views)