Lag since winter 2017 update

by MayorModel

Original Post

Lag since winter 2017 update

★★★ Novice

Since the most recent update - which added the holiday snowflake challenges and emojis - my game is very laggy. There's about a one-second delay. This causes me to push buttons I don't want to push. Just scrolling across my city, I've accidentally collected factory items I didn't mean to collect, for example.

The lag affects everything. Prior to the update, the game ran smoothly. Some of my mayors club members are experiencing the same thing. What's going on?

I'm playing on an iPad Air 2 with the latest ios updates.

Message 1 of 38 (3,171 Views)

Re: Lag since winter 2017 update

★ Novice
Agreed. The game doesn't function properly since the upgrade. This has become a big problem and needs to be fixed. It has made the game really frustrating to play.
Message 2 of 38 (3,098 Views)

★★★ Novice

Absolutely agree it  has a lag or a bug. Most of my Club Members who are using iOS , iPad Air, iPad Mini and iPad Pro they said it has a 5 second pause whenever they want to do something. Even in the Chat thread it freezes and goes further and freez again approximately about 5 seconds. Please fix it.

Message 3 of 38 (3,042 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here on Iphone 6s, terrible lag doing everything. I tried to reinstall the game and it worked good for 10 minutes then lagged again as before..

please fix this

Message 4 of 38 (3,010 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Many members of my club reported the same issues.  To be specific though:

1. it's when you open chat - lag 1 to 2 seconds - you can literally see the chat box partially draw freeze, then eventually finish drawing.

2. it's when you collect items from a factory or collect something in a store again 1 to 2 second lag.

3. it's randomly every 5 to 10 seconds when doing almost anything, scroll across your city, or anything, again 1 to 2 second lag.

It's not quite completely unplayable.  But many of my club decided to just take a few days off from CoM or War until this snow flake thing is gone.  None of the prizes are even remotely interesting to any of us in our club anyway.

EDIT: opened this issue as support ticket# 335852.

-Michael

Message 5 of 38 (2,955 Views)

★ Apprentice

I uninstalled SimCity and reinstalled it, and this helped for about 3 or 4 days.  The lag was gone, but after 3 or 4 days, the lag is back.  I wonder if it has something to do with some cache's that SimCity uses, and gets filled up after a couple days of play.

Message 6 of 38 (2,900 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Support replied with a mostly canned response that was useless.  But they did say the snowflakes will be gone after Jan 8th.  So I guess my club and I will just sit and do nothing for a while, and see if things get better after Jan 8th.

-Michael

Message 7 of 38 (2,890 Views)

lag

★★★ Novice

Something changed and now the game has lag. Stalls on touched items like it's trying to write to a full hard drive or something.. can't play this anymore, unplayable with this condition. Something needs to be fixed . My teammate with the same device has the same issues, I hope you get it fixed soon, it's been like this for about 2 weeks now, maybe something with that snowflake addition code

Message 8 of 38 (2,767 Views)

Re: lag

★★★★ Apprentice

Everyone in our club has been complaining about it, since the snowflake update.

Hopefully when the snowflake thing is gone in a few days, the game will be playable again, it's seriously hard to play right now.

Message 9 of 38 (2,695 Views)

Re: lag

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yep it’s bad. I’m playing on an iPhone 8+ which is pretty much top of the line and the game lags all over the place. But EA doesn’t give two *snip* in the end. It’s all about money to them so maybe they’ll fix it and maybe they won’t. They do not care about us at all. Money money money money.

EDIT by EA_Jason: Please do not attempt to bypass the swear filter. 

Message 10 of 38 (1,739 Views)