LGBTQ content

by Crewldude

Original Post

Re: LGBTQ content

★ Expert

Crewldude, I apologize to you - this mayor’s anger is obviously directed toward me and I’m sure has little to do with this issue. 

As shared with the Mayor that actually expressed the concern “To address this concern please fill out a ticket through the in game help section.” 

Message 11 of 14 (406 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Crewldude  schrieb:
@SuperpraesiNone of us has a right to not be offended. We all have a right to free speech and expression. A name that promotes LGBT is just as offensive to some as one denouncing LGBT is to you. Free speech is not a one-way street.

I have the right not to be offended because I'm from Europe. Many democratic countries have a right to free speech and expression that is limited by other higher ranked laws. Calling someone a "Stupid cow" can easily cost you $300, showing the middle finger to someone can easily cost you $4000.

As far as I know, US people have the First Amendment that protects you from the government punishing or censoring or oppressing your speech, but it doesn't apply to private organizations. So if, say, Twitter or Facebook or EA decides to ban you, you can't make a First Amendment claim in court.

My understanding is:
EA has the right to fill their games with any content they want as long as it doesn't break any laws in the countries where they distribute it. And EA also has the right to not allow user generated content they don't want in their games, even if it is a one-way street.

Message 12 of 14 (386 Views)

★ Expert

Really, $4,000 fine for an obscene salute...over here you’d probably just get a broken jaw especially if you found yourself south of the Mason Dixon line. Probably be cheaper and less painful just to pay the fine or better yet quit giving folks the middle finger...time to move on from this thread and give these good folks a rest.

Message 13 of 14 (379 Views)

Community Manager

@PinnacleValley @Crewldude @Superpraesi @Melencsovics 

This thread has run its course. Closed.

barry.png
Message 14 of 14 (369 Views)