Is burger farming illegal?

by JaxSim1991

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is burger farming illegal?

★★ Apprentice

I did burger farming as a way to earn Simleon efficiently. This is a method of holding only certain items and accepting an offer of + 30% of the market price.

My city level was 19 and I didn't unlock the burger so I used another expensive item.

Please let me know if anyone knows if this method is illegal. Also, will I be fined if it is illegal?

Message 1 of 13 (4,275 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is burger farming illegal?

★★★★★ Apprentice
@JaxSim1991
It is not illegal to manufacture any product in the game and sell it for the maximum price.

However, if you use cheating or any methods of hacking the game, your account will be blocked.

Happy construction, Mayor.

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (4,235 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice
@JaxSim1991
It is not illegal to manufacture any product in the game and sell it for the maximum price.

However, if you use cheating or any methods of hacking the game, your account will be blocked.

Happy construction, Mayor.
Message 2 of 13 (4,236 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@JaxSim1991 

I don’t know where you get the idea but burger farming isn’t illegal.

If you do burger farming to transfer simoleons to your feeder(s), it’d be illegal. But it’s totally legit to earn simoleoms for your own independent city with this method.

The point of the game is build, produce, buy and sell. The burger (or any other products) farming apply this basic game-play.

So don’t worry, you don’t violate any rules. Good luck and happy building!

Message 3 of 13 (4,223 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you for your reply.

What is feeder?

It was pointed out at the forum that EA announced four years ago that burger farming was illegal.However, the thread could not be found. And I became worried that there might be a problem with this method.

Message 4 of 13 (4,095 Views)

★ Expert

@JaxSim1991 A feeder city is a 2nd city that serves to produce items to pass along to their primary city or club. Many folks will tell you that they are legal...they are not. That’s what EA’s contractor put in writing in a pm (but refuse to publish in the forum, go figure) - simply stated you can play multiple cities but they can not be used as a satellite or feeder city. This means your cities must be independent of each other with no “trades” between your cities or your mayors club members. An example of a satellite club was offered in this forum a couple of months ago when a mayor shared they met with mayors from another club(s) in a “dead” open club to trade war items...this is a clandestine activity but it has been ignored like many issues that they are very much aware of.

I shared with you the correct answer related to hamburger farming...what you do with it is up to you. Not everyone was participating when this was posted and the mayor who shared the finite answer was once again incorrect. I wouldn’t be terribly concerned if I was you if you choose to ignore what I shared...it’s obvious the contractor is unlikely to address this issue. 

Message 5 of 13 (4,085 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@JaxSim1991  

Just saw your old thread. I can’t find the thread that CM said it’s illegal, so I’m not sure what they meant by “illegal”, or if the thread really exists at all...

Feeder is an alternative city to support your main city. EA doesn’t allow feeder cities because they give you unfair advantages like extra storage and factory production etc. So if you do burger farming for (or with) your feeder(s), it’ll be illegal.

Here’s the EA’s answer about burger farming;

Let me share with you that producing any items and selling is not illegitimate. However, if that is used to transfer simoleons from one city to another or selling to any one city only at very low price might result in getting the city banned.

Good luck and happy building!

Message 6 of 13 (4,052 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you for your reply.
I understand that the feeder is a violation.
Is it correct that burger farming is not a violation, but a violation of burger farming between the feeder?Is it legal because I don't have a feeder?
I'm confused by the two different answers.I don't want to be penalized for violations.If it's a violation, we won't do burger farming.

Message 7 of 13 (3,986 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@JaxSim1991  

Yes, you are correct. You didn’t violate any rules and what you’ve done is legal. You won’t be banned.

If you are still worried, you can contact to the support desk by yourself too. They should be able to assist you what’s “incorrect” and what’s “correct”.

You can reach them through in game setting> help> contact us. You can find your player ID under “more FAQ” section.

Good luck and happy building.

Message 8 of 13 (3,973 Views)

★ Expert

@JaxSim1991 There was a reason you asked this question in the first place...you wanted to do the right thing. Assurance from this mayor is great but please understand they only began participating in this forum in August of last year and we’re not here at the point and time this was posted. I shared with you what I know to be an actual event because what was stated was in direct contradiction with what was shared by the CM at the time and it is also one of the least effective ways to generate a profit. What you decide is up to you.

Message 9 of 13 (3,947 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I emailed EA and got a reply. Burger farming and its methods are legal.

Now you can do burger farming with confidence.

I don't know why it was said to be illegal in four years ago, but it may be an old rule or a misunderstanding.

Thank you to everyone who responded.

Message 10 of 13 (3,863 Views)