Important information to new and existing players to sim city

by FarseerS

Original Post

Important information to new and existing players to sim city

★★★★★ Novice
My situation
- installed and played sim city (game got linked to game centre)
- got frustrated with sim city trade centre
- deleted sim city
- reinstalled 1 week later and made a new city
- it didn't ask to load previous city
- played for 4 months actively, got to level 43, all storage and land unlocked 1 million population
- decided to play with friends,
- couldn't view my friends
- " to have friends and to view their city's you need to log into game centre"
- went back to sim city game found out I wasn't log in,
- was told to keep existing city or load previous city
- i press to keep existing city , it doesn't let me sign into game centre with existing city
- look for more answers on forum and went to support and found out my Final solution to all my troubles
"Can I delete my saved cities from Facebook, Game Center or Google Play? - There's no way to delete those previous saves, sorry! It's a security feature to make sure you can play across your devices safely. "
-I was furious after reading this and finding out that my new city after 4 months of active play it could never be saved because my first city is linked to my game centre. And when making my 2nd city in sim city i was never ask to load my previous city because sim city doesn't link to game centre automatically not until you link it yourself.
- made one very hard decision and went to sim city and press yes to load previous city
- from level 43 with everything to level 13 with nothing (no compensation)
- but finally!! I can finally view my friends and play along with them.

So remember!! Always link your city to your game centre account and If you were like me who deleted sim city and made a new city remember that city can never be transfer to another device and once you delete the game, your city is gone forever. Not to mention you can't view your friends.

Ps it's better to start over again than do it later, I lost 4 months of work but now I look forward 4 months in the future with friends. *i just wish sim city could auto detect and link exisiting cities or state what's written clearly in support into the game like clash of clan FAQ , info. I read all in sim city question and answers and had no troubles playing not until I went to the support page.

So remember! "Can I delete my saved cities from Facebook, Game Center or Google Play? - There's no way to delete those previous saves, sorry! It's a security feature to make sure you can play across your devices safely. "

Hope this helps to those who want to play along with friends, or other devices or those with 2 cities.

Message 1 of 1 (1,186 Views)