Re: How to sell omega items

by josepootler

Original Post

How to sell omega items

★★★ Newbie

Is there any way Omega items can be sold in the market?

Message 1 of 24 (73,067 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
It's not possible yet. Which, until they fix it, means that I cannot upgrade any more omega buildings because my storage is completely full of hoverboards and robot pets. Please fix this as soon as possible, EA!
Message 2 of 24 (72,226 Views)

★★★ Novice

Instead of waiting until it is possible to sell Omega items, you can also ask the architect to design a new building. This can be done once per half hour per building. Just repeat the process till you get a design that requires the Omega items you have in stock.

Message 3 of 24 (72,185 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same issue. Can't expand anything because I can't sell the worthless items
Message 4 of 24 (71,838 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

"Instead of waiting until it is possible to sell Omega items, you can also ask the architect to design a new building. "

Now why didn't I think of that?  Fairly tedious process, but at least I've made some progress!

Message 5 of 24 (71,793 Views)

★★ Apprentice

You can also build new residential Omega buildings and spend the Omega items on that. 

I've also noticed you can spend neosims in the neomall even if you've capped out, and if you spend simcash to finish canisters you can also go beyond the cap.

Message 6 of 24 (71,747 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is the SimCity BuildIt response:

Hey Mayor, thanks for getting in touch!

Omega items are useful items needed to upgrade your Omega residential buildings, which have higher number of residents living in them and therefore contributing greatly to your city population growth. Remember Mayor, Omega homes are the main source of your NeoSimoleons- needed for purchase of Omega items from NeoMall in case you don't have enough Omega items made in your Omega Research Center.

Omega items can not be sold in the Trade Depot or NeoMall, as they are specifically required for the Omega Zones/residential buildings.However, you will get an offer from other Mayors to sell your Omega items from time to time. Just tap on the bubbles with Omega items on top of your Omega Services buildings and your Future Cities advisor will tell you what your fellow mayor wants to buy. Tap I’ll do it! to accept or No thanks! to reject the sale.

There are total of 10 future themed Omega items (Robopet, Antigravity Boots, Ultrawave Oven, Jet Pack, Hoverboard, Solar panels, Cryofusion Chamber, Holoprojector, Telepod, 4D Printer) used for upgrading your Omega residential buildings.

Should you start to run out of space in your Omega Storage, Omega items come in handy here too, you can always expand it using Omega Items (or SimCash).

As the results of item research in Omega Research Center can be unpredicted and can vary, it can happen sometimes that your Omega Storage fills up with items that are currently not needed for your Omega building upgrades. No worries, Mayor, simply ask the architect to draw up a new building plan by tapping the blue 're-roll' icon in your Omega building site.

This way you should have no trouble and always find use for the Omega items you currently have!

Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with!
Message 7 of 24 (71,646 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I just finished the omega challenge and was rewarded 5 pairs of boots. Now I have 9 pairs. I don't need 9. My storage is over booked and I can't get new items I actually need to expand.

FRUSTRATION IS BIG!
Message 8 of 24 (71,625 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

The expected EA response ... spend SimCash [= real money] to expand your storage.

Oh, they're clever.  Be careful, kids ... this is the REAL world.

Message 9 of 24 (71,611 Views)

★★ Novice

I have tapped the blue re-roll button over 400 times, and never got a new plan. Just keep getting the same pink mouse over and over again.  No response from SCBI.

Message 10 of 24 (70,088 Views)