How to make epic buildings

by 09d4d67997eea4c6

Original Post

How to make epic buildings

★★★ Newbie

I really need assistance in making buildings eligible to do epic projects.  I’m bewildered there's absolutely no guidance in the actual game about this and I had to scour the internet and now ask a message board.  From what I found i tried putting 2 separate fully upgraded residential homes in locations s covered by education and entertainment buildings and parks.  I’m not seeing any winged helmets to click on.  I’m so frustrated and it seems like this is hopeless.  See image.  I wish the game provided useful instructions as opposed to the daily reminder on how to collect simoleons.  

Message 1 of 14 (2,698 Views)

Re: How to make epic buildings

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Hello @09d4d67997eea4c6 

Have you tried clicking on the clipboard that is on one of your buildings and doing one or more of the tasks? Just a suggestion. I'm not 100% certain it will work, but at one time it did.

(My apologies as I have not been at that level for quite some time.) 

I do have a few questions though:

•Do you have a Region unlocked and are/were you already working on an Epic Project in that Region? If so, have you clicked "finish" on that building yet?

•Have you placed all Government Buildings that are currently available to you, such as the Mayors Mansion, etc?

•Are the roads that your fully upgraded Residential Buildings are on "operational"? (Do the roads need to be upgraded ,(are they red when you click on Road icon > traffic signal), or maybe the buildings need services such as Police, Power, Water, etc?

Just a few things to double check. 

Best of luck to you!

✌🏻 

Message 2 of 14 (2,670 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thank you for your response.  Sadly even with those suggestions it still doesn’t work.  

Message 3 of 14 (2,646 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@09d4d67997eea4c6 

Try moving two or three of your Mayor's Pass and Event items, like your Nutcracker Ballet Hall, (even if you have to store them temporarily due to lack of land space) and replace them with one or two completely different Specialization buildings. In other words, leave your Education buildings there but try and add one or two Specialization buildings from TWO of the following categories:

•Transportation 

•Beach 

•Entertainment 

•Mountain 

•Gambling 

•Landmarks

(Items won in Mayor's Pass or Event track will not provide Epic Points.)

The items you will need will cost either Simoleons, Gold Keys, or Platinum Keys.

Hopefully, (fingers crossed), immediately after you place the your second NEW Specialization Building (third Specialization counting Education), Gold Wings will appear on your building.😁👍🏻

Good Luck to you!

✌🏻 

Message 4 of 14 (2,614 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I moved all mayors pass building out of the area.  I have now surrounded one fully upgraded residential building with 

education: public library, department of education, and secret research lab

entertainment: entertainment HQ, hockey stadium, and hotel

gambling HQ and gambling house

Transportation:  department of transportation and bus terminal

And 4 non mayors pass parks and a beach shopping mall

and no results….

so at this point it’s clear the game isn’t working properly.  Do you know of any way I can reach out to someone who works there?

Message 5 of 14 (2,599 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@09d4d67997eea4c6 

Hello,

To submit a ticket you will need to provide the email account associated with your city and your Player ID.

Your Player ID can be located in-game by clicking  Settings, Help. You will find your number located at the bottom of the pop-up window. From there, click Contact Us, scroll to the bottom of the page, select your issue (Gameplay/In-Game), and complete the form.

✌🏻 

Message 6 of 14 (2,580 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@09d4d67997eea4c6 

There is one more possibility I can think of: You may have missed a tutorial of some sort.

Try tapping your Department of Epic Projects Building (Government) and if prompted, use a speed-up token in any Commercial Building for example, whether you need to speed-up production or not.

Go through your entire Capital and click on any speech or thought bubbles to see if any of them are associated with a tutorial. You would most likely find them above a Government Building (Department of Epic Projects, Town Hall, City Storage, City Hall (if you've never collected taxes before), Mayors Mansion, NeoBank, OMEGA Research Center, OMEGA Storage), but you may even find one on Club Island next to the Contest of Mayors tower, or the Airport, War Item Depot, Vu Tower, War Arena (star icon), City Design Challege (Plumbob icon), City Album (closed album icon), City Journal (open book icon).

Anyway, these are my final thoughts.

I wish you all the best and hope your issue is resolved soon.

✌🏻 

Message 7 of 14 (2,573 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@09d4d67997eea4c6 

Please don't think I'm insulting your intelligence or insuating that you don't already know how the game is played, but I have literally seen something as silly as someone having not yet tapped on the Department of Epic Projects and been "officially instructed" on how to use speed-up tokens in Commercial Buildings <edit> be the only reason a Mayor has been unable to get Epic Project gold wings on their building. 

✌🏻 

Message 8 of 14 (2,529 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I appreciate any suggestions.   I have clicked on all the bubbles.  I have been using the speed up tokens a bunch, I just want to be able to make them too.  The progress bubble says to make epic buildings but no explanation how to. And despite all the suggestions online I’m getting nothing.  Oddly enough it says I’ve produced two llama tokens.  No idea how I would have done that.  And when I click on the dept of epic projects it just shows me what level I need to be to use each token and to build epic buildings.  I have reached level 24 and should be able to do all that.  But again no direction at all in the game on how to make epic buildings as far as I can see.  

Message 9 of 14 (2,504 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@09d4d67997eea4c6 

Please try going to a Commercial Building, such as the Hardware Store where hammers are made. Load it with hammers, tape measures, or shovels and while loading, on the lower right-hand side you will see a picture of the speed-up tokens. Click or tap on that. A window will open showing that you have two Llama tokens. Drag and drop one of the Llama tokens into your Hardware store. You will have then told the game that you understand how to use speed-up tokens and the tutorial will have been completed. The gold, winged helmet should now appear.

✌🏻

Message 10 of 14 (2,494 Views)