Re: How to delete Sim City BuildIt's cloud save?

by EA_Arrenai

Original Post

How to delete Sim City BuildIt's cloud save?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Can I delete Sim City BuildIt's cloud save from your server? I linked with facebook and google play.
Message 1 of 7 (8,040 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

No you can't.  You can bulldoze everything but you can't delete your saved game or link 2.

I'm stuck with a game on google play and another that is on apple & facebook

Message 2 of 7 (8,010 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Not tru I've been playing for awhile now everything is deleted tried deleting from iTunes and re stalling but every time I launch it now it starts from scratch nothing not happy
Message 3 of 7 (7,763 Views)

Hero (Retired)

otbmike wrote:
Not tru I've been playing for awhile now everything is deleted tried deleting from iTunes and re stalling but every time I launch it now it starts from scratch nothing not happy

Every time you delete the app from your device, the game will start from the absolute beginning. As long as you had your game associated with a Game Center account or Facebook, it can be retrieved. All you have to do is play through the tutorial again (takes about 10-15 minutes) and then the spanner and screwdriver icon appears in the top-left corner of your game. This will then let you log back in to Facebook/Game Center and bring your old city back. 

Have you played your way through the tutorial and made sure you're signed in to Game Center/Facebook?

Message 4 of 7 (7,754 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm stuck with a city on one device and another a different device. I sure wish I could "choose which city to load" - instead, I can't login to Google Play or Facebook using the second device because it just wants to load the city from my first device.

I'd really like to trash the first city so that I can use my second city across both devices. 

From a development standpoint, it should be pretty straightforward to add a "delete cloud saved data" option to the app - please do this! Standard smile

Message 5 of 7 (7,453 Views)

★★ Novice
@JoshMcCullough_1 has this problem been solved for you?
Message 6 of 7 (4,399 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there, @ConstanceAragon.

Once it's linked to Google Play or Game Center, it's solidified to the login. It ensures that you don't accidentally delete your data. However, you can save it to a second Google Play login if that login doesn't have save data already attached.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 7 of 7 (4,364 Views)