Accepted Solution

How do you play sim city on multiple devices

★★★ Newbie
Message 1 of 7 (66,701 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do you play sim city on multiple devices

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

While in-game, click the settings button on the left, then login with one of the services (Google Play, Facebook, etc.). If you do the same on another device, your city will be playable on both. Note that you (for some reason) have to complete the tutorial on each device before you can do this.

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (74,984 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

While in-game, click the settings button on the left, then login with one of the services (Google Play, Facebook, etc.). If you do the same on another device, your city will be playable on both. Note that you (for some reason) have to complete the tutorial on each device before you can do this.

Message 2 of 7 (74,985 Views)

★ Novice

when did the tutorial end? what level? still playing on level 7 and still does not want to sync or change to my larger city

Message 3 of 7 (61,687 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
It's quite simple: YOU CANNOT! SimCity Buildit data is saved to the device not the Google Play account. Result is that "your city" cannot be accessed from your wife's device and her city cannot be accessed from your device.

If you desire your city on two devices sure then that city is locked into both devices.

EA's claim to be able to access your city from multiple devices is a deceptive statement that results in customers losing their games time and money because EA still hasn't figured out after all this time making games how to save a game to Google Play accounts on their servers.

Now you have that knowledge and you buy a new phone and attempt to login to your city on install. Guess what folks. FACT!!! It's highly likely they have lost your game and you are not given proper access to it "as designed" due to the method your game is saved on their servers. It really does not matter that you saved your game to your Google Play account login they provide the link to because your city data was saved to the device.

EA claims after the tutorial upon reinstall when you see "you're on your own" you will be able to login to Google Play or Facebook and link your city (which is another deceptive statement by EA) and download its data from the cloud but this is not always the case.

Please do read reviews from many sources. SimCity Buildit is POORLY DESIGNED and EA knows it but has not fixed it!
Message 4 of 7 (44,797 Views)

Anonymous
You're an angry little elf 😳
Message 5 of 7 (35,992 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This game is horribly lazily done! All my other games let you unlink your game with your social media in case you want to start over. it's really simple...... there's a DELETE ACCOUNT BUTTON. All my other games managed to do it. It's pure LAZINESS that they refuse to take this simple step. I just got an email reply from EA when I asked their technical support this very question:

"Because of the way your Player ID and social connection IDs mesh together the first time they are connected, there is no way for us to delete those individual Facebook, Game Centre or Google Play saved connections."

So yeah. They are lazy and don't want to do the five minutes of legwork to add a delete account button. 

so this angry elf is wondering if I should bother playing anymore if I can't save my game to my Facebook and play with my friends. I'm thinking I'm taking my money elsewhere because this is certainly a waste since if anything happens to the app or my phone, I'm SOL.

Message 6 of 7 (15,525 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

And now because I tried to sign in with my Facebook to overwrite the old game with the new one, it's permanently linked to the Facebook account but can't save to it. I tried to make a new Facebook just for this horrible game and sign in to save it, but it's now "permanently meshed" with my real Facebook and I can't sign in with the account I made for it so my city is only on my device and cannot be saved. SO DONE.

Screenshot_20200619-140941_SimCity.jpg

Message 7 of 7 (15,516 Views)