How do you get the in game advert videos in Simcity buildIt?

by CaptainDankit

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do you get the in game advert videos in Simcity buildIt?

★★★★★ Newbie

How do you get the in game advert videos in Simcity buildit?

Both my Girlfriend and I have SImcity BuildIt, Mine is on a Samsung Galaxy S5 and hers is a Samsung Galaxy Note3. In her game though, when the blue speech bubbles pop up, she gets short advert videos that reward her for watching. Same sort of system in Plants v Zombies 2. But I dont get them at all. I have been playing longer and never had not one, We have checked all settings both in game and the phone itself, and all settings and the same.

Does anyone know why she gets them and I dont, And If so, how to I switch it on to get them in my city? Because the rewards are ridiculous. She is getting keys, cash, expansion items and everything and so much!!!

Message 1 of 55 (50,868 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: How do you get the in game advert videos in Simcity buildIt?

★★★ Apprentice

Actually I wrote to EA and asked them because I get advertisements on my iPad but don't on my iPhone (never have).  They told me it is on a trial basis and it is totally random, they don't know. It is not meant to be for everyone and not meant to be consistent.  I hope this helps you. 

View in thread

Message 11 of 55 (33,662 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Same issue with my son and I. I'm on iPhone 6, he's on iPhone 5c. He gets them, I don't. I've been playing much longer. Not sure if they think I don't need help or what.
Message 2 of 55 (50,711 Views)

★★ Novice

I know 3 other people who have this game. 2 have the video ads and 2 don't. The 2 who don't have them (myself included) have had the game the longest. 

Message 3 of 55 (50,660 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Video adverts are currently only available to selected players. Track Twenty is beta testing them. They may release for everyone at a later date
Message 4 of 55 (50,467 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

to all on thread:

I agree, this new process is random and everyone will not see them. I have two cities and only my younger city has the "watch video" bubble available. EA did the sane thing with the Plumbo Park. One of my cities got it and the other one did not.

nw8240bp

Message 5 of 55 (50,431 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yeah, same here. I've been playing since day one. No videos for me.
Message 6 of 55 (47,028 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Bull...it is not random, it is a settings issue...I play on a Samsung galaxy s6 edge and I used to get the video ads on this device but they stopped appearing after changing a setting (may have been a phone or google setting...i was at work at the time and not really paying attention, and have had 2 android upgrades since then) to not receive ads. Alas, I have not been able to find that setting again to undo it ...however, I also play on a couple of LG devices and only one was receiving the video ads until I ran Clean Master and used its options on the LG tablet that was not receiving video ads, and now the ads appear on the tablet...so now both LG devices get the ads, but I still can't get them on my galaxy s6 edge, which did get them before
Message 7 of 55 (46,903 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Me too, I am with an iPhone 6S and playing Simcity Buildit for many months and have never seen a single ad. I am not sure if it is the beta testing that is mentioned by one of the users "Video adverts are currently only available to selected players. Track Twenty is beta testing them. They may release for everyone at a later date" or if it is a setting issue as another user says. I plan to write to EA and find out what the reason is.  

Message 8 of 55 (46,878 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was getting them on one device and not on the other two.  All 3 of my devices are Apple.  I had been slow playing and not upgrading very fast just to build up money.  The device I was receiving them on was level 12 and the other two were under that.  As soon as I upgraded the other two enough to get to level 12 they showed up right away. 

Message 9 of 55 (46,867 Views)

★★ Novice

Has anybody found any solution to the issue? I personally haven´t been able to see those commercials since January, then they came back few days ago when the Earth day thing was removed; however, now they are gone again and I don´t really get why.

Can we get any support from EA on this? It´s quite annoying that people miss those free lots with no apparent reason.

Message 10 of 55 (46,162 Views)