Re: How do you get the in game advert videos in Simcity buildIt?

by Skyambler

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

Actually I wrote to EA and asked them because I get advertisements on my iPad but don't on my iPhone (never have).  They told me it is on a trial basis and it is totally random, they don't know. It is not meant to be for everyone and not meant to be consistent.  I hope this helps you. 

Message 11 of 55 (33,659 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Surprising! How come the adds in a free game is not for everyone?! Wink

I have two cities -- one on my iPad and one on my Android phone -- both have adds as I thought was the norm...

Some people here noticed what if you bought anything in the game for real money, the adds would stop. Could that be the issue with you, guys?

Message 12 of 55 (9,315 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That's correct.  As soon as I made in-app purchase, the ads stopped.  DO NOT MAKE ANY PURCHASES from EA if you want the ads to continue.  I might wipe mine and start over.

Message 13 of 55 (9,060 Views)

★★ Guide

My friend was getting video adds and was getting awesome items and only a new player but I too was not getting them. When she stopped getting them then I thought maybe it was because only new players got them. I did an experiment see if this was the case so I opened a new game on my computer. But no adds. Then I thought it must had been for a limeade time for some new players and and then they stopped. So I am now confused?

Message 14 of 55 (8,862 Views)

★★ Guide

I never had add in my game but my friend did for a short time so I thought this is a new thing and hoped I get them to but did not I did not think it is fair I not received videos to earn items. I know some other games that let you watch videos for a short time to earn the rare cash but I never had. I have read about this in forums about unfairness of the chosen few. Why can't all players get a chance of the adds? I have in the past bought simcash when it was on offer on 20 or 30% off on offer. So wouldn't it be fair to all get a slice of the cake?

Message 15 of 55 (8,856 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes, I agree with you.  I used to have ads but they left the moment I bought something.  As long as you don't buy anything the ads keep coming.  Once you buy it will never come back again. Very sad that it is so unfair. If someone buys, you would think they would give you more gifts.

Message 16 of 55 (8,847 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm not sure if it's a coincidence or not but I stopped getting the videos shortly after I made my first purchase of Sims cash.

Is this a way for EA to say "Now that we know you can pay, No more videos/ free stuff ! " .....??

Message 17 of 55 (8,599 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

By the way, they stopped giving away green sim bucks for the ads if the city is participating in the mayors competition. For two weeks now my older city gets only grass and bricks for watching ads! See, they try to make it fair Wink

Message 18 of 55 (8,563 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

pengamia,

This is not true. I still receive Simcash by watching the ads. Sometimes as much as 10-12 units per day. Other pries include needed items to upgrade London, Tokyo and Parisian Towns, SImoleans, Keys and other valuable items.

nw8240bp

Message 19 of 55 (8,533 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Well, I have two cities -- one (older) participates in COM, the other (younger) does not. With the younger one I still get sim-cash quite often for these ads, but with the 58-level one for more then two weeks now I get only other stuff, which in general I don't need (I keep the extention items for my 16-level city, I sell most of the grass and bricks on the market, but what on Earth should I do with those golden keys?!).

You want to say, it's just my luck changed that dramatically? May be, but it's strange...

UPDATE: I've got some money for the ad just now, so it seems what the probability is not zero, but it's definitely lower than it was before.

Message 20 of 55 (8,514 Views)