Re: How do i delete saved city linked to Facebook

by HzQueen921

Original Post

Accepted Solution

How do i delete saved city linked to Facebook

★★★★★ Novice

I link an old city to my facebook account but  now i restarted the game by clearing the data from my phone and now i can't link my new city to facebook, even after logout my simcity from facebook and then log in again

Message 1 of 60 (248,601 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Novice

Just found out there is no way i can overwrite my Facebook acunt saved city for the current one (which is better), so i can't get to see my friends in the new city, it kinda sucks, even when i unlink in the facebook and logged in again with the new city i can't link my new city to FB. the Devs should make a way for us to do so.

View in thread

Message 3 of 60 (277,645 Views)

All Replies
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice
You have to go to the app settings then to simcity and disconnect it from apps you loved into then you will be able to load your new city... hope this help ..
Message 2 of 60 (248,029 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Just found out there is no way i can overwrite my Facebook acunt saved city for the current one (which is better), so i can't get to see my friends in the new city, it kinda sucks, even when i unlink in the facebook and logged in again with the new city i can't link my new city to FB. the Devs should make a way for us to do so.

Message 3 of 60 (277,646 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is not true - I've done exactly as mentioned above, and on the facebook side, I've ticked the box to delete all activity too. But once I try to reconnect from the Sim City BuildIt side, it'll connect, and then say "this FB account is connected to another city".

Message 4 of 60 (246,024 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I also have followed the above answer and get the same results as stated by the poster before me. Are there any other tips from other EA Reps on here
Message 5 of 60 (245,939 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Im having the same problem with my game. I hope the developers do something about this.
Message 6 of 60 (245,451 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue even I'd try all the following actions:

- Delete Facebook Application profile (via Facebook software and via website)

- Delete client applications settings on Samsung Galaxy (SimCity and Facebook software)

- Uninstalling application on Samsung Galaxy (Simcity and Facebook software)

Always the same result: Starting a new Simcity game and connecting to Facebook,

I still receive the error identifying that a profile exist and it will override the current game.

How can we just reset ALL old game data to start a new game ???

Message 7 of 60 (245,246 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I received the following information after requesting to erase my game:

Because of the way your Player ID and social connection IDs mesh together the first time they are connected, there is no way for us to delete those individual Facebook or Google Play saves from your city. If there's a social connection you haven't made yet (e.g. you connected with Facebook but not Google Play), you can still use the unused connection to save the progress of your new city instead. It's important to remember not to connect again with the original social account, as your current city will be overwritten with your previously saved data. Unfortunately there is no way to retrieve your original city if it's been overwritten.

The only way I can think of starting a new game, is if you set up a completely new ID in Game Center, or Facebook, or Google, and then running the game & syncing it to that.  Not too pleasant an idea imho.

Message 8 of 60 (245,229 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So, the best way is to EA add option in settings "Restart a new game"

Did you know why it is not already present ?

Bye

Message 9 of 60 (244,950 Views)

★ Apprentice

Please add the ability to delete and start over for Facebook users.

Message 10 of 60 (244,113 Views)